Technology, Application Development, Full Time Analyst, London (Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full Time Analysts to join the Application Development team. Technology Analysts participate in an intensive training program, where they receive in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role, including the Capital Markets, multiple programming languages, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture. Our Citi London Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-end applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of pounds in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7.
Our Technology Application Developers have a passion for using Technology to make our business faster, more efficient and more profitable and design and implement innovative technical solutions to the problems faced by our traders. Using a fundamental understanding of current programming, multi-threading, and familiarity with basic concepts of relational databases as well as working knowledge of either C# or Java to design and build technology software solutions to meet business requirements.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Analyst Program starts at the end of August with a six week training course that has been specifically designed to prepare you for your full time role as a Application Developer or in Production Support, and covers key technologies such as Java, C#, Unix and SQL. At all times the course is kept relevant to how those technologies are used at Citi, with a focus on practical applications and hands-on coding tutorials. On completing the training course, our analysts are given a diverse rotation experience before settling on their final role. We currently offer two rotations of 10 months in length which will be in different asset classes or business areas, giving you exposure to different technologies and markets, as well as the opportunity to work with a wide variety of colleagues. Ongoing support and feedback are vital to your development and success and these are provided at every step of your program.
Your time here will look something like this...
- Projects that our Application Developers analysts have worked on:
- Designing and building execution algorithms
- Developing and leveraging Big Data platforms
- Implementing low latency trading and order routing strategies
- Building sophisticated Trading and Deal Capture UI’s
- Designing Research portals using the latest Web technologies * Developing robust and globally distributed trade processing engines
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your final year of university or have graduated with a 2:1 or equivalent
- You achieved a minimum of 96 UCAS points
- You can demonstrate a passion for Technology- In your application please list all technologies and programming languages that you have experience with
- You have strong evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a strong desire to be successful in a team environment
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- A passion for technology
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Motivated to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Applications will close on the 16th December 2018. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.