Technology Graduate Programme
The graduate would join as a member of the Technology department within Bank. The Technology department is a fast paced and exciting place to work with multiple teams that deliver solutions for clients across all business lines, as well as designing, building and running IT services that support all Close Brothers employees.
The graduate will rotate throughout the Technology department, typically on a 6 monthly basis, throughout the first two years.
Rotations could include:
- Project Management: Manage and govern the portfolio of projects across the bank. A placement here will equip the graduate with knowledge of how projects are managed, run, and how infrastructure and software development project lifecycles work.
- Systems Development: Write codes and configure the software that is used to deliver digital services across the bank. The graduate will benefit from developing technical coding skills, software development practices in addition to majoring in problem solving during this placement.
- Application Support: Troubleshooting business user issues and servicing requests, trend and root cause analysis. Team members use their logical abilities to resolve in-depth technical issues and support applications.
- Data Centre Operations: Supports all the servers and hardware that process the millions of transactions running through the bank each day. Roles include: network engineers, DC Ops, database administrators and many more. This rotation will provide the graduate with an understanding of how enterprise data centres are run whilst developing their technical skills.
- Business Analysis: This team works across all areas of the business, and with our clients, to capture requirements for new IT systems, or changes to existing ones, and communicate them to the technical teams for implementation. This rotation will facilitate further development of the graduate’s analytical and communication skills.
- Quality Assurance (Testing): The changes made by our other teams are tested and validated here before they are implemented for users of the service. This rotation will give further insight into how systems are used providing an opportunity for the graduate to develop skills in quality assurance and analytics.
Previous rotations have also included Information Security, Business Intelligence, Unified Service Desk and Robotics Automation.
The exact rotation plan will be tailored for each graduate based on their individual learning and development needs combined with career aspirations.
Academically applicants need to have obtained/predicted at a minimum 2:1 degree. Degrees in all disciplines are considered, however the following subjects are desirable: IT, Computer Science, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Maths and Science. Candidates must have also obtained GCSE grade B in Maths and English Language, and at least 280 UCAS points at A-level/AS Level (not inclusive of general studies).
The graduate will need to be resourceful in identifying solutions and alternative ways of looking at issues and problems. They must be committed and eager to learn, demonstrating initiative and logical thinking when posed with an issue, whilst using their knowledge and networks to find solutions. The ability to gather and understand information to ensure the requirements of the customer are met and the business is well informed is essential. The graduate must be confident to establish excellent working relationships and relate well to people at all levels, whilst utilising the skills and expertise of the teams to deliver excellent customer service and achieve business goals.
Rapidly learning new tasks and quickly committing information to memory is essential; as is the ability to develop their own capability to ensure their knowledge and expertise is continually expanding. They must also be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Achieving excellence; striving for the best whilst continually delivering and improving excellence for customers and stakeholders is essential to be successful in this role.
Please note that the Assessment Centre will take place on the 5th December 2017. In order to be considered for the Assessment Centre please make sure to submit your application by 13th November the latest.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!