Compliance Graduate Programme 2019
Shape your future at Close Brothers
Close Brothers Compliance is responsible for ensuring that the Group and in particular its regulated businesses, understand and follow all applicable regulatory and legal requirements and relevant Codes of Conduct which relate to the Group’s conduct of business with its clients and to the personal regulatory obligations of its officers and employees.
We do this through liaison with our regulators, tracking changes to relevant rules, development of policies to meet these, provision of regulatory advice, delivery of training and monitoring adherence to regulatory or internal requirements.
What will I be doing?
- You will undertake four rotations of six months each through the different divisions, gaining grounding in regulatory risks as they apply to the Bank, Asset Management, Securities and Group functions.
- Much of the training will be on the job, but participation in relevant technical seminars is encouraged, whether these are internal or external.
- You will learn about each of our businesses, the rules and regulations which apply to them and the practical challenges of implementing regulatory requirements and ensuring that these are followed.
Who are we looking for?
- You will need to show us that you are results driven and self-motivated. Whilst the role will be London-based, you must be willing to travel to our other offices when required.
- We are looking for applicants with at least a 2:1 degree in an academic discipline.
- We look for intelligent people, with curiosity and an eagerness to learn. We are keen to hear from people who are commercially aware, and that have a genuine interest in working in the financial industry. We’d also like to see evidence of personal drive and ambition; people who have the resilience to excel within a challenging and fast paced environment will enjoy working at Close Brothers.
Our Compliance Assessment Centre will be held on the 23rd November.