Risk Graduate Programme 2019
The Risk Function in Close Brothers is part of the second line of defence, providing oversight of the risk management framework across all businesses in Close Brothers Group.
It is responsible for assisting the Businesses in delivering their strategic objectives, within a defined risk appetite.
The key objective of Risk is to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and reward, enabled through well governed decision making process.
The function interacts with management at all levels providing independent check and challenge on all risk types, including credit, operational, funding and liquidity risks.
The candidate would be involved in all aspects of risk management, including:
- Introduction to the overall risk framework
- Key risks and their definitions
- Risk appetite management
- Key risk activities e.g. Risk Assurance work, Incident Reporting and Analysis
- Risk analysis
Training would be provided on risk management as well as core skills (e.g. stakeholder management). The candidate would be encouraged and supported to take industry relevant exams (e.g. CFA or FRM).
The candidate would rotate across the Group and different teams (e.g. credit risk and operational risk) to gain a wide experience. This may involve working from both our Wimbledon and London offices.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify pragmatic solutions
- Confident in managing and analysing data sets.
- Resilience and flexibility to deal with new topics and a regularly changing workload
- Good knowledge and practical use of Microsoft IT applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)