Software Testing Engineer
With the growth of smart phones, tablets and new operating systems requiring constant updates daily, testing and QA are more critical than ever before.
Our Quality Engineering & Assurance (QEA) group partners with you to bolster development initiatives, providing reliable support across a range of hardware and software, testing infrastructure, and testing products that ensure test coverage and drive product quality.
As a Graduate you will have responsibilities from day one (after you complete your induction.) These will be varied and grow with your ability and confidence. In this role, they will include but are not limited to:
- Translate business requirements into concrete testing scenarios
- Execute and perform tests
- Improve business processes using methods, tools and techniques
- Link between developers, analysts and business
- Improve the quality of new products
- Ability to communicate between different cultures and locations
Training, Support and Coaching
Prior to starting your client engagement, you will attend a residential Graduate Training Program where you will learn about our history, vision and culture, our global delivery model and our processes, tools and methodologies (including the Cognizant 2.0 global collaboration & project management tool). You will receive training on client relationship management skills as well as technical training.
Throughout your first 18 months we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support by our own Academy to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we’ll assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
This program has very high visibility with our Executive team and provides you with a tremendous opportunity for leadership development.
As soon as we can we will assign you to a client engagement in the UK to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering solutions as we would like to ensure that you get practical working experience from the beginning. We work with the best of the best – a representative client list is available on our website.
We also offer:
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
- A comprehensive training program, partly in India and locally.
- A challenging international environment
- Opportunity to work for the large multinationals and other leading companies
- Personal development in hard and soft skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business & IT or other related subjects. (2.1 degrees preferred but will consider 2.2 degrees in IT related subjects or with an IT related Masters.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Ability to solve problems using logic and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Some knowledge of SQL or Agile working would be an advantage
- Able to propose and construct test plans/scripts
- An ideal candidate will have completed or is studying towards ISTQB
Candidates must have a European passport to apply
How to apply
We have 3 graduate intakes a year (roughly in January, April/May and in September) so you can apply any time during the year as we don’t have an end date for applying.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!