Student Quantity Surveyor (Summer Placement)
Start date: 18th June – Sept 2018 (8-12-week summer placement)
Applications close: 31st December 2017
The Costain Sponsored Student Programme starts with an 8-12-week summer work placement. Successful candidates may then be offered sponsorship support throughout their degree which could lead to a Graduate position with Costain.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Student Quantity Surveyor you will have some responsibility for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire some technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking some of the following tasks:
• Sub contract management
• Procurement and administration of commercial aspects of projects
• Estimating Project / Target costs for agreement with client
• Supplier Liaison
• Budget Preparations and associated Administration
• Studying an accredited Quantity Surveying degree or similar accredited by RICS/CICES
• A desire to gain valuable work experience relevant to the quantity surveying sector
• Mobility to work on various projects throughout the UK
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!