ISIT Placement - IT Support Placement
When it comes to finding a great place to work for your industrial placement there are plenty of things to look for: inspirational colleagues, freedom in your job to make a real difference and a shared ethos you can truly believe in. Throw in top perks, a responsive and dynamic environment and unrivalled opportunities to develop you've found something pretty special. You've found Danone.
If you join Danone on a 12-month industrial placement in our ISIT Team in London, you will have the opportunity work with one of our four business units across some of Danone’s world leading brands such as Evian, Activia, Cow&Gate and Nutricia.
The role you take on during your placement will act as an integral, contributing member of the IT On Site Support team. You will, through a proactive approach, provide internal customers with technical IT support in order to enable Danone employees to operate more effectively and efficiently. You will analyze and troubleshoot customer problems and advise on appropriate action where the Service Desk has not been able to resolve requests.
If you are curious and have a customer-first attitude, with an interest in helping us to drive continuous improvement across our IT services and processes then a IT placement at Danone could be right for you. You will be able to play a key role in driving effectiveness and efficiency, collaborating across your wider team, the business, and suppliers.
What will I be doing?
- Providing technical support to internal customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Completing regular daily responsibilities and ensuring detailed documentation is produced and maintained, ensuring audit requirements are met in all operations, and potential issues are escalated to the IT hub.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ensure that customers are provided with relevant user guides and the IT section of the intranet is up to date with relevant content and IT news articles.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with all involved parties (business, team, suppliers).
- Ensuring that knowledge and experience is well documented and shared with colleagues through the IT shared area
- Contribute to the development and align to the DAN’IS corporate standards.
- Participate in local infrastructure or security related projects.
- Maintain asset inventory up to date at all times.
- Constantly educate the business in the value of IT / constraints of IT
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with
- The ability to understand and support the basics of networking, laptop/desktop, printers and mobile technology including Windows 7, IOS, LN, MS Office, SAP, SEP, VPN, others
- Strong communication, and in particular skills in being able to explain technical problems in a way that is easily accessible to all people.
- Who displays flexibility, determination and adaptability to collaborate to build relationships across the business.
- Ability to understand software packages and related processes, to evaluate them regarding any area and to ensure their implementation
- A proactive attitude, looking to consistently produce high quality work, tries to improve his/her results.
- A passion for information systems and the desire to learn how they enable our business processes.
- Studying towards a degree in the field of Information Technology (ideally with a business focus)
- Ability to work on a shift pattern and occasional unsociable hours
- Great organisation skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Available to work full-time for the duration of your placement, and the ability to work a shift pattern and occasional unsociable hours.