Danone Summer Internship - Promo Investment Strategy
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across four divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Baby (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Medical (Fortisip). This summer we are offering an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience within our Commercial Strategy Team in our Waters Business.
Danone Waters UK operates within a mature and competitive market. It is the category leader with a 30% share of Bottled Water Drinks category and 5% share of Soft Drinks. We are driven to move from being an insight provider in the Bottled Water Drinks category to being Thought Leaders within the Soft Drinks market. Over the last three years investment has been made in data and resource to solidify this position both externally with customers and internally within the business! Therefore, it is an exciting time to become a part of our team!
Mission of Role
- Promotional Strategy Development: building and developing an Excel database to carry out analysis of Danone promotional performance in the market, in order to make recommendations to influence our 2019 business strategy. Specifically, answering the questions of which packs within our range of products to prioritise for promotion, what price point, any differences by retailer and how often to run promotions. Performance will need to be assessed from both a Danone, retailer and consumer perspective.
- You will be establishing Return on Investment to Danone of different promotional mechanics, and the role of in-store feature space within this.
- Communicate and provide recommendations from your research & analysis to Danone Sales Leadership team as part of 2019 planning workshop.
- Work cross functionally, especially with the marketing team and account managers to ensure business support of the recommendations.
- On track for minimum 2:1 in any discipline
- Good working knowledge of Excel, including ability to build and manipulate a large dataset
- Passionate about building relationships across different business levels
- Ready to hit the ground running
- Must have the right to work in the UK (without Visa)
PLEASE NOTE: This is an 8 week placement from June 2018 until end of July 2018
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!