Graduate Programme – Risk Advisory – Cyber Risk – Strategy and Transformation
To join the Cyber Strategy and Transformation stream, you don’t need a specialist degree or cyber experience (you only need to meet the general criteria for the Deloitte Graduate Scheme detailed in the links above). All we ask is that you have a passion for Cyber, an interest in the wider industry, and a desire to learn once you join.
The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
The Cyber career path sits in the Risk Advisory area of the business.
Today’s world is more complex, disruptive, technology-based and interconnected than ever before. Which means companies are more exposed to failure and exploitation, to theft, fraud and abuse. It’s our job to help clients limit this exposure. We help them make intelligent decisions about their infrastructure, technology, processes and people, working on challenging projects to help mitigate the risks they are exposed to. Keeping our clients safe, secure and one step ahead.
Not every job within Deloitte Cyber requires a technical background. As cyber-attacks occur with greater frequency and severity, board members and executives are beginning to realise that technology solutions are just one part of a comprehensive approach to managing their cyber risk. Within the Strategy and Transformation stream, you’ll be helping clients to identify and protect their critical information and assets, ensuring that they can not only survive, but also thrive, in a competitive market place.
Our Cyber specialists are true innovators. Whether through our deep technical knowledge and expertise or through non-technical business solutions, we work together to keep our clients safe and secure. Ultimately, we strive to strengthen the security and resilience of our clients’ most valued assets.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Develop deep technical expertise across a number of areas, helping clients stay at the forefront of technology and respond to ever evolving threats.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
Cyber Strategy and Transformation (business stream)
- Cyber strategy - help clients define their approach and target state; inform board-level decisions on investment and strategy.
- Security transformation - help clients transform their approach, implementing changes to people, processes and technology to enhance cyber security capabilities.
- Insider threat - analyse the risks clients face from their own employees, malicious or accidental; design and implement initiatives to mitigate them.
- Privacy - translate complex legal requirements into practical solutions for clients, enabling their business through the responsible use of data.
- Data loss prevention – develop strategies and implement tooling to help clients identify and protect their most confidential data.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Ability to effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state
- Delivery Excellence: Ability to manage own work against the project plan, applying quality assurance, and risk procedures to ensure a superior client experience
- Reporting and Presentations: Ability to develop reports and presentations using appropriate tools
- Knows the Business and the Industry: Ability to understand the client’s business, interpret sector trends, and learn leading practices
- Executive Presence: Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas in a clear and composed manner to instil confidence in team and clients
- Supports Development and Implementation of Cyber Strategy Programs: Ability to enhance quality and efficiency of recommended cyber strategy solutions by applying relevant frameworks, conducting research, and performing analyses
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!