Tax Consulting, Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is more than a world-class training scheme, this a permanent job. It gives you a market-leading salary, benefits, a professional qualification, and endless opportunities to learn and progress. You’ll work with clients from the start, on projects that have a genuine impact on their success.
Requirements & Qualifications
You will need to have obtained or studying towards a 2:1 in any degree discipline, and have graduated by September 2019, as well as achieved at least 260 UCAS points for your A levels (or equivalent), at least a grade 4 (C) in English language and at least a grade 6 (B) in Maths in your GCSEs (or equivalent).
Tax Consulting is all about solving complex intellectual challenges. We help our clients make the right business decisions, on a worldwide scale, by working collaboratively and creatively. Which means you get to see the bigger picture and become an expert in your specialist field.
Business Tax: In Business Tax, it’s our job to help our clients understand and manage them. From day one, you’ll work closely with clients – big and small - across all industries, on every aspect of their corporate tax. You’ll help them deal with the heightened focus on tax and the complexity of balancing legislation, case law and public perception. Filing tax returns is just one part of this. But we also deliver large-scale, international projects, as the tax experts in a multidisciplinary team. You might develop an industry specialism too.
Global Employer Services: Two words sum up what we do in Global Employer Services (GES): Mobility and Reward. The first is about helping employers of all shapes and sizes to move their people around the globe, providing expert legal and business advice on everything from immigration to tax. The second is about planning the right pay, pensions and benefits for their staff. Join us and you’ll not only be among the experts in this field, but the market leaders. You’ll get to use innovation and technology, such as business analytics, to deliver true insights and value to clients (you will find this job in the Human Capital Job Family).
Indirect Tax: As an Indirect Tax professional, you’ll get to know all aspects of your client’s business and advise them on business-critical events. Much of this is rooted in law. Which means a big part of your job will be researching legislation and case law and relating it to clients, so you can find effective solutions for them. You could really help clients navigate everything from Brexit to US Trade Reform, and all the uncertainties in-between including their tax systems and technology. Wherever you specialise, you’ll become an expert in customs, global trade, VAT, landfill tax and other indirect taxes that affect businesses, minimising the costs for clients, whenever, wherever and however they do business.
Your service line: Tax
Using a mix of commercial, industry and technical tax knowledge, creative thinking and innovative technology, you’ll help solve some of the most complex business issues our clients face. And you’ll gain a deep understanding of how business, and your particular clients, really work.
Our Purpose & Strategy
- To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
- Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
- The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
- A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
- At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
- Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
- We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Applications for our Graduate Schemes will close on a rolling basis when we receive enough applications. We therefore advise that you apply as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on securing a role.