Student Purchasing and Supplier Quality
Delphi is one of the world’s largest automotive technology companies and a world leader in the innovation, design, application and manufacture of diesel fuel injection equipment. Gillingham is an Operational and Technical Centre site covering both Research and Development, and Manufacturing.
The project scope is flexible depending on the individual, however is likely to include some or all of the following:
- Provide process support to Purchasing and Supplier Quality, to achieve Safety, Quality, Volume, Cost metrics
- Work with Purchasing Category Buyers and Supplier Quality Engineers on live components & projects with suppliers using Delphi Systems for appropriate approvals [Sourcing approvals for purchasing & PPAP approvals for Quality]
- As a placement student you will be involved in component changes leading to concessions and supplier capacity in a dynamic environment.
- Liaise with operations to ensure all materials used in manufacturing or assembly processes meet and support Quality and Cost requirements.
- Support operations to ensure adherence to accepted quality standards and to the sites quality systems
- Use data and support Engineers in structured problem solving activities
To provide general support to the Production, Control and Logistics department. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide general support to the team, including some administrative duties
- Work on ad-hoc projects to support the team
- Error proofing of outbound shipments
- Work in progress flow improvements
- Packaging design and changes
- Production control and planning
- A student currently studying at University studying a relevant degree
- Excellent communication skills, respects confidentiality and displays good team work.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility and able to prioritise: Able to manage several activities at once and effectively respond to urgent issues when they arise. Well organised with a methodical approach.
- Good IT skills and advanced Excel skills would be an advantage.
Hours of work, 37 per week
- 7.30am –4:00pm Mon, 7.30am –3:30pm Tues to Thurs, 7.30am – 2.30 pm Friday.
- ½ hour lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!