Student Production, Control & Logistics
Delphi is one of the world’s largest automotive technology companies and a world leader in the innovation, design, application and manufacture of diesel fuel injection equipment. Gillingham is an Operational and Technical Centre site covering both Research and Development, and Manufacturing
To provide general support to the Production, Control and Logistics department. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide general support to the team, including some administrative duties
- Work on ad-hoc projects to support the team
- Error proofing of outbound shipments
- Work in progress flow improvements
- Packaging design and changes
- Production control and planning
- Material control
- Supply Chain Management
- Workplace organisation improvements
- Support the set-up of the Production Control and to develop scorecards for SPQVC – Safety, People, Quality, Volume and Cost
- Work on various new system implementation
- A student currently studying at University studying a relevant degree
- Excellent communication skills, respects confidentiality and displays good team work.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility and able to prioritise: Able to manage several activities at once and effectively respond to urgent issues when they arise. Well organised with a methodical approach.
- Good IT skills and advanced Excel skills would be an advantage.
Hours of work, 37 per week
- 7.30am –4:00pm Mon, 7.30am –3:30pm Tues to Thurs, 7.30am – 2.30 pm Friday.
- ½ hour lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Up to £20,000
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!