Student HR Administrator
Delphi Technologies is one of the world’s largest automotive technology companies and a global leader in the innovation, design, application and manufacture of diesel fuel injection equipment. Gillingham is an Operational and Technical Centre site covering both Research and Development, and Manufacturing.
- As an ambassador for the 2018/19 cohort of students, you will be responsible for settling the students in to Delphi, encourage networking of the group provide advice and maintain contact as student liaison.
- Create Talent Review Profiles (TRP) to assist with succession planning within Delphi, liaising with key stakeholders.
- Manage the process for Occupational Health welfare appointments reporting in to the respective HR Business Partner.
- Respond to and request employee references on behalf of the HR team in accordance with specified parameters.
- File employee information/letters/correspondence in an employee’s personal file, maintain notice boards for the manufacturing building and technical centre with essential information, e.g. headcount, absence, organisational announcements and other HR administrative support.
- Manage and administrate employee holiday entitlements within HR System, Workday, and assist employees with Workday systems support.
- Support the HR team with student recruitment for the site.
- Co-ordinate and arrange inductions for new employees/contractors for the site, ensuring full inductions are carried out by all members of the HR team. Carry out all health and safety inductions.
- Track and monitor the return of completed PBPs from the site and work with HR Business Partners to meet 100% completion within target dates.
HR Project – To be confirmed if there is to be a specified project.
- A student currently studying at University looking to gain experience in a busy HR environment.
- Studying towards a degree in a HR related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills / respects confidentiality.
- Ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexibility and able to prioritise: Able to manage several activities at once and effectively respond to urgent issues when they arise. Well organised with a methodical approach.
- Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage
Hours of work, 37 per week
- 7.30am –4:00pm Mon, 7.30am –3:30pm Tues to Thurs, 7.30am – 2.30 pm Friday.
- ½ hour lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Up to £20,000
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!