Student Test Engineer
The job function is to interpret test programmes and to perform specified tests on engines and vehicles, using computerised engine test dynamometers, chassis dynamometers, cold rooms and emissions equipment. The successful applicant will report directly to the Engine & Vehicle Test Manager.
The roles main duties will be drawn from the following:
- Specifying engine installation.
- Instrumentation requirements – writing and undertaking tests, preparing test data and graphs.
- Improvement and debugging of test bed control system
- Calibrating and maintaining test equipment.
- Instrumentation and to diagnose and rectify faults with engine test equipment.
- Sound knowledge of engines, diesel fuel injection systems and test procedures.
- Computer literate, VBA and/or Visual Basic skills (preferred)
- Good numeracy and unit conversion skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- The ability to systematically work through problems on your own initiative.
- Self motivated and the ability to work effectively both as part of a team and alone.
Hours of work, 37per week
8am – 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, ½ hour lunch break. 8am – 1pm Friday, no lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!