Student Validation Engineer
Delphi Technologies is one of the world’s largest automotive technology companies and a global leader in the innovation, design, application and manufacture of diesel fuel injection equipment. Gillingham is an Operational and Technical Centre site covering both Research and Development, and Manufacturing.
The placement is for an engineer to support validation activities including planning and Technical Project Leaders (TPL) activities in a product development team to work on high pressure fuel injection systems. The role with include coordinating engineering projects and support in priority definitions where required. Placement for the student will either be in the Validation or Technical Project Leader team.
The project scope is flexible depending on the individual and specific team assignment, but will include some or all of the following:
- Understanding the risks/ gaps to help generate a validation plan
- Development of test equipment, instrumentation and execution of physical testing.
- Interpretation of test data, synthesis of results & reporting.
- Input and evaluation of design improvements.
- Protection of Intellectual property (patent proposal)
- Contribution to project reviews.
- Update planning tools including master project list of all engineering projects.
- Maintain the KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for the high pressure pump team.
- Prepare regular updates on the project evolution and priorities to identify priority calls.
- Support the Engineering Planner to follow up rig resources for short, mid and long term validation plans.
- Maintain, update and own the product engineering data base management (Share Point)
- An Undergraduate of Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be very well organised and disciplined
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Will need to be able to communicate via reports, emails and presentations
Hours of work, 37per week
8am – 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, ½ hour lunch break. 8am – 1pm Friday, no lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!