Student Analysis Engineer
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work within the Analysis Group on product design assessment and optimisation using 1D system and structural simulation
- To work closely with product team members (Design and Development engineers), following the project and proposing design recommendations to the team based on simulation results.
- To report to the Analysis Team Leader, documenting analysis methods, results and conclusions.
- To support the development and implementation of new analysis techniques to improve simulation capabilities and product performance.
- To liaise with the Diesel systems technical facility in London/Stonehouse and subcontractors using phone/email/video conference and meetings
- To plan work activities effectively, and support project planning.
- To assist in arranging meetings and compiling agendas and minutes.
- To focus on completing activities to tight schedules
- To contribute to Total Quality, ISO/TS16949:2002 / ISO 14001 and continuous improvement activities within department and business.
- Understanding the nature of models and the consequences of the assumptions
- Enquiring mind and ability to identify feasible solutions
- The ability to study a problem and identify the most appropriate analysis techniques (hand calculations, 1D/2D/3D, testing actual components)
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst showing self-motivation and initiative
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Some experience of following procedures
- Experience in the use of Excel/Matlab to perform calculations and analysis
Hours of work, 37per week
8am – 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, ½ hour lunch break. 8am – 1pm Friday, no lunch break.
In addition to statutory holidays, students receive 25 days paid holiday in a full 12 month calendar period, pro-rata for shorter periods.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!