Our client is the leading functional boutique within the executive search and consultancy market. They possess an exceptional track record in delivering leadership strategy and exceptional senior talent to the Legal, Finance and HR business functions. They are particularly focused on driving gender balance and diversity in the business workplace. They work for blue chip clients across Corporate, Finance and Professional Services and have delivered C-suite projects to KPMG, Rolls Royce, BP, Rio Tinto, Knight Frank, HSBC, Barclays and John Lewis to name just a few.
Our client is looking for a talented Associate Consultant with the potential to prosper into a future partner of the firm. You will focus on delivering insight on international executive searches, thought leadership and advisory projects for many FTSE 100 Chief Executives and Chairman across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, CIS, Asia Pacific and the Americas. They have offices in both London and New York.
- Clear career progression path to Partner
- Exceptional training
- High level of responsibility and exposure to senior executives at blue chip firms
- Global remit
- Opportunity for a secondment to New York
- Up to 50% of your basic salary in the form of company and personal bonus
- Extremely team orientated and collaborative firm who value and invest in their team
- Purpose driven with core values focused on delivering excellence, courage and empathy.
As an Associate Consultant, you must have a strong academic track record and a minimum of 1 year business work experience within a corporate environment. The role requires problem-solving skills, a high level of emotional intelligence, and the ability to challenge ambiguity. You will have excellent research and analytical skills and possess strong business acumen. You will have a genuine interest in people and possess exceptional communication skills. You will be an ambitious, collaborative and team orientated individual.
The Associate Consultant will use their acquired expertise within Legal, Finance and HR business functions to support the Partner and devise a creative research strategy to execute an executive search or consulting project. The Associate Consultant responsibilities will include:
• Providing synthesised analysis and insights of markets, competitors and compensation to produce comprehensive written research reports
• Using external and corporate library resources and off and online databases for gathering data on potential candidates/clients and general industry information
• Identifying target companies, individuals and relevant information for the assignment within the Legal, Finance & HR spheres and the wider Professional Services sectors
• Networking via the telephone with sources and candidates to gain feedback on the role along with tracking news on activities and developments within the Legal, Finance & HR spheres and the wider Professional Services sectors
• Attending client meetings and progress report discussions
• Identify prospective candidates within the target companies list
• Attracting, pre-screening and determining qualified candidates on the telephone and face to face
• Seek out and highlight potential business development opportunities