Our client is the world’s leading employee-owned executive search and leadership consulting boutique firm within the Public sector, Not-for-Profit and Education sectors. They also possess a strong presence within corporate and commercial sectors including Consumer, Financial Services and Technology. Their clients range from FTSE 50 companies, blue-chip multinationals, government and academia through to foundation trust hospitals, regulators, arts institutions and non-profit organisations and charities.
65% of their executive search work is at board level, they offer bespoke executive assessments by trained Occupational Psychologists and they regularly publish leadership insights based on multiple interviews with leading CEO’s. They have a 97% success rate and work across the Americas, Asia, Australasia and Europe. They have offices in both London and Edinburgh and invest highly in their Research Associate team.
An employee friendly organisation offering fantastic benefits to their Research Associates including; private health, wellbeing allowance, flexible working hours, childcare vouchers, clothing allowance and days off for volunteer work. You will become a partner upon joining the firm and will be eligible for the partnership bonus.
As a Research Associate, you will be a highly valued member of the business and work on one project at a time, sufficiently allowing yourself to dedicate your time without being distracted by multiple projects. You will get exposure to very senior individuals immediately and receive excellent training and support. You will become an expert within the within the Public sector, Not-for-Profit, Charity, Education, Healthcare, Government and private sectors.
The Research Associate to provide support to the Consultant/Partner for the research development, execution and completion of search assignments within the Public sector, Not-for-Profit, Charity, Education, Healthcare, Government and private sectors. The Research Associate will:
• Play an active role in developing and broadening the knowledge base of the firm
• Attend Consultant briefings and conference calls, collects briefing information from Client, Partner and from other available resources to gain a comprehensive understanding of the client company and their executive search requirements
• Draft the profile of the firm, position and candidate and their key factors for success
• Develop the research strategy in conjunction with the Consultant/Partner
• Design the target companies list
• Make database retrievals of relevant prior searches, internal searches, candidate prospects & current assignments within the Public sector, Not-for-Profit, Charity, Education, Healthcare, Government and private sectors
• Identify prospective candidates within the target companies list
• Use external and corporate library resources and off and online databases for gathering data on potential candidates/clients and general industry information
• Attract, pre-screen and determine qualified candidates on the telephone
• Execute source and candidate approach calls
• Handle follow-up calls to candidates
• Sit in on interviews with the Consultant/Partner
• Compose progress reports
• Conduct follow-up, sign-off calls and letters to candidates at search completion stage
As a Research Associate, you will possess a strong level of curiosity for people and organisations. Hold a degree, have multiple years of business experience or interesting extracurricular or internship experience. You will be extremely intelligent including a high level of emotional intelligence and have strong leadership skills. You will hold an interest in the Public sector, Charity or Not-for-Profit space and possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills and an enthusiastic and team orientated personality.