Graduate Analyst Programme
The company is a leading executive search and leadership advisory ﬁrm working across all consumer-facing industries and consistently ranked as the highest specialist search firm in the consumer and retail sectors. They partner with leading consumer-facing companies to fill critical roles at the most senior levels, both nationally and globally.
The consulting services they provide are built on meticulous research, a rigorous process and careful judgement combined with deep sector expertise. Clients see them as trusted partners; with unique insight and deep knowledge of the market. They advise, challenge and support them as they address their senior leadership challenges. The firms spans all consumer-facing sectors including retail, consumer products and services, fashion and luxury, travel, lifestyle, leisure, tech and digital, as well as the arts, culture and not for profit sectors.
- Their culture offers an honest and caring environment where the people succeed together, by being collaborative and building lasting relationships. They consistently exceed expectations by being ambitious and creative. They are honourable, have integrity and love what they do
- They have a long history of hiring and nurturing graduates as they develop a career in executive search. Previous graduates have gone on to rise through their ranks, becoming Associates, Consultants and Heads of Practice
- Their programme offers graduates foundational training that will allow you to excel in the executive search industry - as well as develop your knowledge and expertise of the wider consumer sectors
- They work at the most senior level (CEOs, chairs, board directors) as well as functional leaders of strategic importance. Some of the firms they work for include Charlotte Tilbury, M&S, Versace, Unilever, Pret, Vue and Sainsbury’s
- You will gain exposure to all of the sectors they cover, on a rotation scheme around each of their practice teams before specialising in a sector
We are looking for outstanding graduates who can build a career in executive search in one of the most exciting specialist consumer & retail ﬁrms in the world. Responsibilities will include;
- Build knowledge about the sector you will operate in and the market/talent trends that affect your clients
- Use information effectively and proactively, delivering immediate value to your colleagues by finding, analysing and sharing relevant market intelligence while also developing your ability to determine how information can be put to good use commercially
- Work closely with the Business Development & Marketing team - the engine room of the company when it comes to driving and leveraging their use of market intelligence. You will be able to effectively make the distinction between interesting and useful information, both for people (candidates and clients) as well as for wider market intelligence.
- Participate in client kick off meetings
- Set a search strategy; meticulously mapping target companies and potential candidates
- Prioritise and engage candidates; taking industry views and assessing who will be the best fit against agreed competency scorecards as you whittle down to a shortlist
- Gain a deep understanding of the consumer sector but also of talent, roles and company structures
In the final phase of the programme, you will put all of your training together working as a fully-fledged researcher on end-to-end assignments - from kick-off meetings to placements. At this point, you will settle into a specific team and begin to specialise in a sector.
We are looking for bright, curious graduates who can develop a real passion for the consumer sectors and executive search.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 from a top university and be able to demonstrate a real interest in business, executive search and consulting. You will possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, be a self-starter and be able to multi-task from day one. You will be focused on the detail, but able to see the bigger picture, be down to earth, passionate, tenacious and have a proactive can-do attitude.
You will enjoy working at pace, be resilient and open-minded, have a good handle on technology, possess a methodical approach, have strong attention to detail, be able to assimilate and process information at pace and with clarity, be a lateral thinker who thrives under pressure, can produce high-quality, insightful and robust written work and, be able to work openly and collaboratively to achieve team goals.