Corporate and Investment Banking Graduate Programme
We are Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, large and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritising long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
About your programme
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your global classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
About the Corporate & Investment Bank and Fixed Income & Currencies
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC), Institutional & Treasury Coverage (ITC), Research, Corporate Finance and Global Transaction Banking businesses. CIB was created with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Fixed Income & Currencies is a trading group bringing together the bank’s market-leading expertise in Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit Trading and Emerging Markets Debt. This enables Deutsche Bank to respond to increasing automation, regulatory expectations and client demand for standardisation and transparency in execution across Fixed Income, Currency and Emerging Markets.
DB is a global leader in all aspects of the FX business, from the standard spot markets to exotics, from vanilla options to complex structures, from electronic trading to prime brokerage. Our client-centric approach helps us to serve the needs of our customers across the globe, 24 hours a day, five and a half days a week.
Global Credit Trading (GCT) combines the flow, structured and distressed businesses to provide clients with a full range of credit expertise, including:
- Market making in debt securities across the credit spectrum
- Structuring, underwriting and syndication of a range of products for issuer clients
- Financing and risk solutions across all credit asset classes predominantly on a collateralised basis.
GCT enables clients such as Pension Funds, Corporates, Asset Managers, Financial Institutions, and Private Loan market participants to meet their investment objectives and manage credit risk. GCT operates globally with major hubs in London, Frankfurt, New York, Singapore, HK, Tokyo and Sydney.
The Rates business provides a comprehensive range of fixed income securities and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives, as well as interest rate, fund and inflation derivative products. Offers clients access to the bank's liquidity and product expertise through our global trading and structuring teams, as well as our electronic trading businesses.
Emerging Markets Debt
Offers a fully-integrated and global product platform with an unrivalled breadth and superior execution capabilities. Dedicated to making markets and providing client solutions in a full range of EM products including external debt and Credit Default Swaps (CDS), FX, rates, options and the more complex cross-market derivatives
Based in one of the world’s global financial centres, you will experience up to four rotations in Fixed Income & Currencies Trading & Structuring business areas.
Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on.
In FIC Trading you might be pricing products for traders, preparing financial data analysis or refining the way we do forecasts.
In our FIC Structured you may be structuring, underwriting or syndicating a range of products for issuer clients.
Whichever areas you experience, the graduate program is an ideal way of finding out whether a career in these businesses meets your needs and aspirations.
You will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Skills & Qualifications:
- We recruit highly intelligent graduates who are ambitious and adaptable. They have degrees in many different disciplines. Even though good levels of numeracy are important for some roles, you won’t necessarily need a formal mathematical or financial background. We have very comprehensive training programmes that will give you all the technical knowledge you’ll need to build a career with us. Above all, we’re looking for entrepreneurial people who thrive best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking abound.
- You should not only be passionate about the world of finance, but also show a keen interest in your chosen field. You already have a record of outstanding academic achievement and you’re eager to go on learning at the same intensive rate. So you’ll thrive on working in a highly collaborative environment with some of the best minds in banking. We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers.
- Experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards trading or sales.
- Proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial
- Strong communication skills.
- Resilience and dedication required to keep up with the pace of life in this dynamic business.
- Work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.