Deutsche Bank Industrial Placement - Global Markets
Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. We are Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
About your programme
Our 11 month programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your regional classmates across all business areas for best-in-class product training which will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
About Global Markets
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Markets is dedicated to building long-term, sustainable relationships with the bank’s key corporate and institutional clients. It combines a market-leading institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise to provide clients with access to liquidity and customised solutions across a wide range of markets, products and regions.
Based in the London Head Office, you’ll take on early responsibility as you become part of a Trading, Quantitative, Global Prime Finance, or Strats team. Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. In Trading you might be pricing products, developing proprietary trading technology, or refining the way we do forecasts. In Quantitative Analysis you will be developing models, interfacing with the business and responding to user queries. In Global Prime Finance, you might be working in Financing to support the firms balance sheet, helping price global mandates for hedge funds, or helping evolve the wider platform to support to the constant evolution of this hedge fund focused business. Or in Strats, you will be part of a team using agile development techniques to help support cutting edge trading businesses and processes. When you join, you’ll be placed directly into a team where your will spend the entire placement, allowing you to become a genuine expert in a front office investment banking role. You will need to hone both your financial and relationship building skills. Throughout your journey, you will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Equities Trading (Synthetics, Derivatives, Cash)
- Quantitative Strategy (Electronic Trading)
- Global Prime Finance (Financing, Risk)
- Strats (Cross Product)
We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers. We hire for attitude and skillset and are open to applications from a variety of backgrounds and degrees.
- Are you in your penultimate year of study and required to do a placement as part of your course?
- Are you passionate about finance?
- Do you have strong Python programming skills? C++, Java, Matlab, or VBA would be beneficial.
- Do you have practical experience of data science concepts
- Do you have an interest in business, economics, mathematics, physics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards business or finance?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and the ability to build rapport with clients?
Then we look forward to meeting you!
The salary package for this role will be competitive. Please submit all applications by 20th January 2019.