DHL Global Forwarding Graduate Program
Are you ready to join a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment where two days are never the same? DHL Global Forwarding UK (DGF UK) is one of five DHL divisions in the UK. The DGF UK business works with over 2,500 customers to organise and ship their goods by air and sea on a global basis. Currently we are the UK leader in Airfreight and number two for Ocean freight. In DGF we have over 30,000 employees working across more than 200 countries and in the UK we have around 1,200 colleagues. Our Global Strategic aspiration is to be the undisputed Industry leader in the sector.
The DGF UK Graduate Program places you in a variety of management roles across our international Logistics Freight Forwarding business. Throughout the program you will be empowered to learn on the job and deliver real results. We offer a highly supportive culture and provide investment in your training to ensure that you get the most out of your management program. When you are the best you can be, you will help us to be the best too.
Our Program provides our graduates with placement opportunities across a diverse range of Department and Functions, including Business Process Management, IT & Strategy, Warehousing and Operations, Air / Ocean Product Teams as well as some functions i.e. Finance. As a DHL Global Forwarding Graduate, you will benefit from working alongside experts and Senior Management to ensure that we deliver world class services to our customers from a wide ranging number of business sectors including; digital products, life sciences, Formula 1, Red Bull Air Racing, engineering parts and even the most expensive perfume in the world!
Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, actively get involved in key business projects and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and its customers.
During your program, you will work in several Departments and be involved in a variety of Projects which you would support & manage.
What the program looks like:
- 24 month structured program – including UK travel as required
- Variety of key placements in the UK business
- Usually based in either Hayes, London or Chertsey (but not exclusively)
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- Opportunity for support towards professional qualifications
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline
- Experience /and interest in project management and IT / digitalization and data analysis
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the Freight Forwarding / Logistics industry in the UK market – potential for longer term in the Global market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions to continually improve the business
- Fully mobile to travel within the UK (graduates may be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the program
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program with a ‘Can- Do’ attitude
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
What will you get in return?
You will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, pension scheme, life assurance and retail discounts. You will also receive a competitive salary and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
Upon successful completion of the program we offer excellent career progression opportunities in a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills. Our aim for our graduates is to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.