Fay applied for the HR Graduate Programme via the DHL website - she had seen the role advertised on Target Jobs! Day to day, Fay will do the following:
Overseeing the full recruitment process for all Functional roles in DHL Finance, Procurement, Business Development, Account Management and Project Management – adopting a true ‘business partner’ approach to key stakeholders across the various DHL business units (including Automotive Logistics, Retail, Consumer & Life Sciences and NHS Supply Chain).
- Customer & stakeholder engagement – both internal & external
- Talent pipelining and external sourcing
- Devising new and innovative techniques for recruitment ‘hot spots’
- Agency engagement and management
- Reduction of agency spend across Functional recruitment
- Enhancing online visibility for external DHL vacancies
Fay really enjoys the day to day people interaction and working in a team that enables her to have a very wide view of the business. Fay works closely with the wider DHL Talent Team and will be involved in a number of key projects, including rolling the new occupational health provider to our sites and EOS focus groups, as well as designing a Senior Induction Programme.
Challenges presented themselves on a day to day basis - but being in a fast-paced business can be a benefit when it comes to engaging with multiple stakeholders - networking really helps you do the job well! Fay loves DHL because they provide opportunities to grow and develop, as well as earning a decent salary!