DHL Finance Graduate Program
Are you ready to hit the ground running? Our Graduate Programmes put you into real management roles across our leading international logistics and supply chain business. You’ll deliver real results as a valued member of our team and you’ll learn as you lead and inspire. And our supportive culture and investment in industry-recognised training will help you get the most out of your time with us. Because when you’re the best you can be, you’ll help us to be the best too.
Our Finance team are responsible for managing DHL’s resources so it can meet its goals and objectives – to be the world’s leading Logistics provider! As companies like ours grow, it's important to have a structured approach to Finance. It’s all about supporting our front line business – our Warehouse & Transport teams.
The DHL Finance Graduate Program provides placement opportunities for graduates to experience a broad range of different environments within both site and regional Finance teams. As a DHL Graduate, you will benefit from working within a variety of business sectors which will include working with some of DHL’s high profile customers in our consumer & life sciences, automotive & industrial and retail sectors to name just a few. During your program, you may undertake positions of Finance Assistant, Business Analyst or Finance Manager – or be involved in large scale Finance Projects which you support & manage.
Most of the learning occurs on the job, when graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility; however, we also supplement this experience with formal management skills development training.
What the program looks like:
- 36 month program
- 3 x 12 month placements
- Based in either a site of regional Finance team
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Support towards a CIMA professional qualification
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline
- Our placements do not require a background and/or qualification in Finance but we do seek individuals who have a keen interest and desire to progress within this discipline
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop an exciting career within the Logistics & Supply Chain industry in the UK market
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the program)
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence at the start of the program
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the program
- Must be fluent in English
- Good sense of business acumen, commercial awareness and strong numerical, analytical and IT skills (Microsoft Excel).
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.