DHL Work Placement Program
When Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn founded DHL in 1969, they didn’t know they would revolutionise the world of logistics. Today, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company, operating in over 220 countries & territories worldwide, making it the most international company in the world.
We are an international team of over 350,000 professionals, united by a passion for logistics. And we work in a unique environment. DHL is as innovative as a start-up, with the power of an international organisation. We are uniquely positioned in the world’s growth markets to offer a comprehensive range of international express, freight transportation, e-commerce and supply chain management services.
We owe our success to the commitment, creativity and expertise of our employees. The high level of motivation among our employees can be attributed to a corporate culture founded on openness, trust and mutual respect. We are a people business and invest heavily in our Talent, in particular by bringing in Work Placement and Graduates.
We have a very exciting opportunity for undergraduates looking to complete a Work Placement as part of their university degree. Our Work Placement students experience a range of structured placements across a variety of DHL customer contracts and locations within the UK, which might include working with customers in our consumer & life sciences, retail, automotive, specialist services and transport engineering, energy & chemicals sectors.
Most of the learning occurs on the job, when delegates are often faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility. All of our placements are hands-on roles which will develop work-related skills and offer huge potential for personal growth!
What the placement looks like:
- 12 month structured program
- Based in a warehouse / transport department / functional operational roles - learning about different areas of the operation
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules – including Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Communication Skills and Personal Branding
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- Applicants must be studying a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree, with anticipated graduation date of summer 2021
- Must be on track to achieve 2:2 or above in any discipline
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the Logistics & Supply Chain industry in the UK market post-academia
- Willing to take on responsibility from day one
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts and roles
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence at the start of the placement
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the placement
- Must be fluent in English
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the placement
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include 25 days holiday and retail discounts.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills. Upon successful completion of the DHL Work Placement we will offer you a place on our Supply Chain and Logistics Programme!!
We want our Work Placement employees to build their careers with us and contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.