2019 Summer Internship Opportunities
Dixon Wilson is one of the UK’s leading private client firms of Chartered Accountants, with offices in London and Paris. It provides strategic planning and practical solutions in all areas of accountancy from tax through to audit for high net worth clients, businesses, entrepreneurs and charities. Dixon Wilson prides itself on building long term relationships with both its clients and staff. We have a total staff complement of 135 people including 12 Partners based in Chancery Lane, London.
We have an excellent opportunity for 4-5 self-motivated individuals to join us this summer.
This role will include:
- On-going maintenance and completion of accounting records through data inputting on a variety of IT systems including Sage, QuickBooks and CCH
- Writing up cash books
- Setting up new client bank accounts & administration of these
- Research for both existing and potential clients & companies, including external data collection
- Handling & processing sensitive personal client information
- Liaising with banks/building societies/Insurance companies/HMRC and other third parties on a day to day basis
- General administration and organisation of client documents
- Information gathering and research for one-off assignments, including due diligence work and other special projects
- Oral and written correspondence with clients requesting information/chasing responses, attendance and note taking at some client meetings
The standard hours of work are from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. The role will involve some working beyond those hours, where client service requires and the job holder should be prepared to do so on their own initiative, if the workload and deadlines demand this.
- 300 UCAS points
- An interest in the Accountancy profession
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and in Excel and Word, in particular.
- Strong organisational skills including an ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and ability to juggle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Effective client handling/service skills (internal and external)
- Good communication skills including telephone and written
- Thorough attention to detail
- Willingness to assist the group and work as part of a team.
The duration of placements will vary between 6-12 weeks (depending on availability).