Graduate Applications Engineer
Are you the go-to IT guru amongst your friends?
If so, you may have what it takes to become an expert Applications Engineer. The role plays an essential part in setting up and managing commercial software packages, making sure they're performing as expected, and helping users find remedies for their IT blues.
Dorset Software create and maintain bespoke IT systems for a range of clients spanning multiple industries. Working either in-house or at client sites across the UK, you will be configuring and maintaining complex, custom-made programmes, as well as providing ongoing technical support.
If you relish getting to grips with the intricacies of a new programme, or using your investigative skills to diagnose and fix an issue, you may be just who we’re looking for. Applications Engineers are the expert users of all applications, but we don't expect you to join with any previous experience. Before you’re assigned a live project you’ll get the chance to develop all the necessary skills while getting paid.
You’ll love the variety in working for us – no two projects are the same. We offer a flexible career path, allowing you to tailor a career that suits you and make the most of your strengths.
You will need:
- A passion for technology and motivation to learn about the industry
- A calm, methodical approach and analytical mindset
- A love of problem solving and troubleshooting
- A confident manner and a focus on providing excellent customer service
- A resilient attitude and ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites across the UK
In return, we offer a comprehensive package including:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression whichever way your future aspirations lie
- Regular salary reviews
- Funding to study and obtain industry recognised qualifications
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Subsidised social activities including badminton and football
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Plenty of chocolate biscuits or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
Qualification and experience requirements
A minimum 2:1 degree or a PhD in a Maths, Science, Engineering or Computing subject.
How to apply
Complete our short online application at the website below.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!