Aerospace Systems Opportunities
It’s about You
Do you want to develop the next generation of UK military aircraft?
Do you have aspirations to become a premier expert and make your mark on UK defence and security?
Do you want the buzz of arguing for a decision based on operational impact rather than profit?
Do you want a flexible work schedule with no core hours?
It’s about Us
UK Forces are engaged in Air operations around the globe. We are focused on developing and integrating technological solutions to make them more effective and better-protected.
Working with uncertainty is our business. Threats to UK aircraft evolve, new areas of capability emerge (such as Cyber) and existing aircraft need to be cost-effectively upgraded.
We offer projects, working environments and development opportunities unlike anywhere else: You could be working on full-scale aircraft design programmes, or racing against the clock to design enhancements to operational aircraft that were needed “yesterday”.
Some of the UK’s biggest defence innovations and projects have their origins in our labs e.g. dust-landing systems for the Merlin Helicopter, F-35 Flight Control Laws and PYRAMID next generation avionics software architecture.
It’s about the Job
We have roles available at a range of experience levels:
- Engineer: You will have a relevant technical education (normally to degree-level) plus experience of working in engineering
- Senior Engineer: 5 years post-education experience in meaningful engineering roles
- Principal Engineer: 10 years post-education experience including technical or project leadership
We are looking for people from a variety of backgrounds to help us design the next generation of military combat aircraft and helicopters including:
- Former military aircrew and engineers
- Flight Systems
- Avionics Integration
- Flight Dynamics
- Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing performance
- Aircraft Propulsion and Integration
- Systems Engineering
- Aerodynamics and Structural Analysis
- Defence Analysts
Whether you have specific experience in military aircraft design & operations or have had a career in aerospace and enjoy solving problems, we would love to hear from you.