Graduate Safety Engineer
Ebeni are seeking to recruit ambitious, driven and competent Graduate Safety Engineers who aspire to join our experienced and innovative Engineering teams. Ebeni specialises in a number of engineering domains including aviation, rail and air traffic management. There are opportunities to contribute to programmes through many areas of expertise ranging from system specialism to operations and covering all aspects of safety analysis, management, reporting and certification. There is also a scope for travel on some projects as several of our clients are based overseas.
Ebeni will assist the development of all graduate recruits. We encourage all to both explore ideas as part of a wider team and to work independently. Learning and development will take place both on the job and be supported by both external and internal training opportunities. Support via mentor coaching is also supplied, but independency is strongly encouraged to stimulate individual development.
A successful candidate will be University educated and ideally a member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. IET, SaRS, BCS, RAeS) and have worked on/understand functional safety projects whilst studying. In addition, they will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be both motivated and excited to learn and grow with Ebeni. They will report directly to Project and Technical Managers and support other business functions as required as part of the role e.g. Operations, Technical, HR etc.
- Completing technical tasks under the direction or supervision of senior team members.
- Providing accurate support to the Project Manager through straightforward tasks with little or no supervision.
- Planning own work packages, judging and communicating own progress against work plans in a timely manner.
- Working effectively on a variety of tasks within a project and demonstrating technical skills.
- Assisting in identifying risks and acting to reduce them.
- Acting on feedback, reviewing and liaising professionally with managers and peers.
- Attending company meetings and participating in team discussions including giving informal presentations.
- Producing justified estimates of personal work time requirements and understanding how these can impact project timeframes and budgets.
- Writing coherent documents to clearly impart safety information.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry related directives, regulations, standards and methods.
- Operating as part of a team and as an individual with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completing administration tasks in a timely manner and to the required quality.
- Ensuring business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm.
- Aspirational and willing to learn.
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.
- Flexible and positive attitude.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling expectations.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Supports Ebeni’s core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
Essential Experience, Qualifications, and Skills:
- An awareness of functional safety.
- Ability to perform functional safety activities and be able to develop further knowledge of Functional Safety Principles.
- Experience of working in a team and individually to bounded timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with clients, colleagues both in face-to-face meetings and through interaction by telephone and email.
- University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge to problems.
- Ability to question a problem and subsequently undertake research to understand system operations and functions.
- Experience in collecting, understanding and interpreting data.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Good report writing skills.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!