Commercial Graduate Scheme
There is no doubt that this is an exciting time for the energy industry and as part of our Commercial Graduate Scheme you will be at the forefront of innovation as we build a sustainable future for our business and our customers.
At EDF Energy we want to be our customers’ energy partner of choice. We aim to deliver fair value and a great experience for our customers and, in an ever-changing world with new technologies; the opportunities to deliver this are endless.
On the Commercial Graduate Scheme you will lead the way on this journey as you learn about the energy business, and develop the skills and knowledge to drive commercial decisions and future strategy for our Customers business unit.
This is an open invitation to explore a major business that’s growing in size, influence and profile; as we strive to deliver fair value and a great experience for our customers.
About the Commercial Graduate programme
During the two-year programme you will learn about the energy business, and develop the skills and knowledge to drive commercial decisions and future strategy for our Customers business unit.
You can look forward to a structured Graduate development programme, with placements in a range of rewarding and challenging roles; working alongside some of the most experienced, capable and accomplished people in the sector.
You will spend six months in four different assignments, where you will build up a broad set of skills, with the opportunity to specialise towards the end of the programme. Assignments could include:
- Sales & Marketing: Opportunities range from getting involved in our commercial strategy or pricing policy, through to delivering a marketing campaign or exploring new revenue streams.
- Wholesale Markets Optimisation: This is where your commercial acumen and analytical skills will come to the fore as you help manage energy market risk and the non-operational costs for Customers.
- Customer Operations: Within Customer Operations, you will deliver and manage the processes and channels needed to serve our customers.
- Innovation: You’ll be working on projects within our ‘Blue Lab’ where we investigate, test and trial new and innovative ideas that could add real value to our customers and business.
- Business Change: Here is where you can gain hands-on experience of managing projects and business change across the Customers business.
- Smart Metering: Smart meters are the energy industry’s new technology designed to help consumers have more control over their energy consumption. This is an opportunity to be involved in one of the company’s largest projects.
The great thing about the Commercial Graduate Programme is that it opens doors to so many careers within EDF Energy. During your time on the scheme you will acquire the skills sets required to succeed within the Customers business, grow your knowledge and develop your career.
You’ll need at least a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, or if you have a postgraduate degree we’ll accept a 2:2. On a personal level, you’ll demonstrate commercial acumen, excellent communication skills and an aptitude for leadership. You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; with the ability to adapt quickly to new challenges and opportunities.
About EDF Energy
EDF Energy is one of the UK’s largest energy companies and its largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We're committed to tackling the big issues facing today’s energy sector such as climate change, increased demand, rising prices and energy security. By always doing what we can to make things better, we want to win the trust of customers.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!