Edinburgh Business School
The University of Edinburgh Business School mission is to develop effective and responsible leaders by creating insightful knowledge and inspiring minds in dialogue with the world around us.
The University of Edinburgh Business School, is part of the University of Edinburgh, benefiting from a rich heritage having delivered education for more than 400 years.
- University of Edinburgh is ranked 21st in the world by QS (2015).
- Employability is high, for example, the MBA seeing 95% of graduates finding a job within 3 months of graduating.
- The School delivers a substantial selection of Finance related MSc programmes to suit various career paths, one of which the MSc in FInance and Investment was recently ranked 30th in the world (Financial Times, 2015).
- In 2014/15 there were students from over 58 nationalities studying for a postgraduate. A great opportunity to learn from others.
- The School is triple accredited: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. Giving you reassurance of quality.
- A 90-strong teaching faculty representing a substantial body of experience; many are active in industry-based research and consultancy. This experience feeds into the quality of the teaching, particularly in immersing students in business issues.
- Edinburgh is one of Europe's leading financial centres and combines a dynamic business community with its status as a World Heritage Site.
Located in the heart of Edinburgh, the School is perfectly placed to engage with the local, national, and international business community. In addition, it is a fun place to live being host to one of the biggest festivals in the world and also having been voted one of the most beautiful cities in the world (4th by Lonely Planet in 2014).
We offer a number of different MSc and MBA programmes at the Business School as follows:
- 16 month MBA
- 12 month MBA
- Executive MBA
- Msc Accounting & Finance
- MSc Banking & Risk
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Energy Finance & Markets
- MSc Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- MSc FInance & Investment
- MSc FInancial Management
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business & Emerging Markets
- MSc International Human Resource Management
- MSc Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing & Business Analysis
- MSc by Research
- Phd in Management
To find out more about the programmes we offer visit our website.
The Business School's research mission is to produce theory-led, practically relevant research that addresses contemporary organisational and management challenges faced by businesses, public organisations, regulatory bodies, and policy-makers.
Our research strategy is focused on creating and sustaining a supportive, collaborative, and vibrant research culture through raising the quality and quantity of our research output and by developing and managing all faculty to achieve our goals.
We have set up a number of Research Centres in particular around: Strategic Leadership, Sustainability, Credit Research, Accounting and Finance. To find out more about these please visit: http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/research/centres
Located on the University's lively main campus in the heart of the city, the School's state-of-the-art building features seven lecture theatres, numerous syndicate rooms and breakout spaces, a café and fully equipped resource centre, computer labs, a trading room, and an executive education suite.
The centre of the Business School's knowledge base is the Hub. The Hub provides students and faculty with comprehensive study facilities and electronic access to a vast array of specialist research databases, online journals, and many of the leading financial information services.
Dedicated research spaces
Research students have dedicated space in shared offices with networked PCs, wifi network, and access to printers, copiers, and telephones. Students also have access to the University Library, one of the best in the country, and to the National Library of Scotland, which also has a specialised business information service.
Exclusive syndicate rooms
The School provides syndicate rooms for postgraduate students, with some rooms being dedicated for research students only. Fully wireless, they are equipped with 40'' LCD screens and can be booked for individual or group working.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!