Why choose Eurostar?
Two decades ago, we changed the way people travel from the UK to Paris and Brussels forever. We are the only high-speed train that directly links the UK to France, Belgium and now Amsterdam. Since 1994 we have carried over 150 million passengers.
Today, we have created a generation of travellers who think nothing of hopping on the train after breakfast and relaxing in a Parisian bistro by lunchtime.
We have always been at the cutting edge of innovation in our industry. From being one of the first train companies to introduce business lounges and a loyalty programme, all the way to the everyday advantages of travelling by train rather than plane. Our vision is to become Europe’s most loved travel experience. Do you want to be part of this journey?
Our Data Graduate Programme
During our two-year rotational development programme, you will be exposed to a range of different data sets in up to four different business areas and will be primarily based at our Head Office in Kings Cross, London.
You will apply analytical and problem-solving skills working across departments including Digital, Marketing, Data & Insight and others whilst learning about the latest tools, technology and testing different techniques. Such experiences will give you the opportunity to dive into the world of Big Data, and understand data architecture, web analytics, modelling, customer insights, data science, visualisation and storytelling. As part of the programme, you will also have the privilege of being mentored by our best and brightest managers.
Choosing the right career path isn’t always a straightforward decision but our rotational programme will give you the right guidance to learn about each area, and the time to decide which you’re best suited to.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a flair for analytical and logical problem solving.
- Has strong numerical skills.
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written and
- Can articulate numerical concepts to a non-numerical audience.
- Is comfortable with autonomy and finding solutions for themselves.
- Will have a real impact on the business through working on some exciting projects, gaining exposure to other departments and helping to demonstrate the power of data in adding commercial value to the business and influencing decision making.
In order to get the best out of our programme you must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Even though a degree in one of the following areas is preferable, we would be happy to receive applications from other disciplines:
- Data science
- Computer science
- Science (economics or sociology)
Please note that if you have a non-quantitative degree you will need to demonstrate strong quantitative know-how through work experience or other extracurricular activities.
Competency in French language is desirable.
- A flexible and supportive culture that values learning and development.
- Travel benefits for work and play; includes vouchers for Eurostar travel and discounts on a range of local, national and European transport options.
- Railway pension scheme.
- Exclusive discounts and perks.
The next stages of application will be:
- Video interviews during December 2018.
- Assessment centres will be held in March 2019.
- Programme starts September 2019.
Have a look at our LinkedIn page for any more information and guidance.