Finance Placement Scheme
Are you looking for a year in industry to complement your studies? If so, Experian are currently looking for candidates to join our Finance Placement Scheme running from summer 2018 - 2019. This is a great opportunity for a current undergraduate to gain industry experience working in a Global Finance team of a FTSE 100 Company, primarily supporting our Finance team who sit within our Technology function.
Who are Experian IT Services?
Experian IT Services (EITS) has a unique place in the Experian organization, providing information technology (IT) solutions which align to business needs both internally and for customers. Our services include Global Corporate Systems (GCS), Employee IT, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Security and Operations.
EITS accelerates growth by leveraging existing strengths, such as defining and executing the IT strategic plan, enhancing employee productivity through the delivery of collaboration tools and providing ongoing technology expertise to our business partners and customers. EITS also helps to facilitate teamwork and collaboration through the adoption of an array of technology and communications tools.
We are currently seeking a Finance Placement Student on a 12-13 month contract. You will be part of the wider EITS Finance team consisting of 23 employees primarily based in Nottingham (UK) and Allen, Texas (US). The EITS Global budget (c.$0.4bn) relates to the provision of IT infrastructure and employee IT services across the Group’s operating regions of UK & Ireland; North America; Latin America; Europe Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific.
Reporting into an EITS UK Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for providing financial analysis and support to the wider EITS Finance Team globally (based in UK and US). You will work closely with this team and some key stakeholders in the EITS Operational teams. During your time with us, you will gain experience and understanding of the role of finance within a Global Organisation through exposure to regional finance and business teams.
The role will also provide an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to various aspects of finance including accounting control, financial and management reporting and budgeting.
This all sounds great - but what exactly will you be getting up to?
Full training and support will be provided, but typically on a day to day basis you can expect to be doing the following:
- Initially prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis on a monthly basis with a view of owning this process by the second half of the secondment
- Work with a Finance Analyst within the team on the Hardware and Software Maintenance Model. Will involve assisting in preparing all month end journals needed along with ad hoc updates to the model as required and regular review and update of the Forecast Costs. This will include attendance at meetings with the Operational teams to obtain the necessary updates and feed those into the model.
- Cost control ownership in the Facilities area. Will involve completion of the month end close process in this area including posting of required month end journal entries as needed. Also involves updating of cost reports to the management and raising invoices to 3rd parties.
- Month End Close and reporting. Ownership of the processing of month end journals in the Facilities and Hardware/Software areas outlined above. Also involvement the GRNI Accrual process and various ad hoc assistance to the wider team during this close period. After month end involvement in preparation of the monthly financial reports to management along with review of variances and relevant commentary.
- Collating and processing of EITS Overtime submissions from the operational teams to required deadlines and investigation of unexpected fluctuations.
- Assist the wider Finance team as required with various analysis during the Budgeting and Forecasting Process and responsibility for completion, submission and reconciliation of system budget loads into the Oracle Financial System.
- Continue to question the status quo with ideas of how to make the control/reporting environment more effective or efficient.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for ambitious, driven individuals who want to make the most out of their time with us. On top of this we're looking for the following:
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant discipline; Accounting/Finance or Business/Mathematics
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Confident to work with various differing people both financial and non-financial
- Team player
- Proactive and be able to use initiative
- Strong IT Skills, especially good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems preferable
- Understands Experian organization and operations.
Does this sound like the placement you've been looking for? We look forward to your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!