Imagine working for the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas company, on tasks that affect nearly everyone in the world today and for future generations to come. ExxonMobil in the UK is better known for its Esso and Mobil brands due to presence of its service stations and high performance lubricants.
ExxonMobil oﬀers summer and year placements with real responsibility from day one. And, over 80% of ExxonMobil graduates secure a long-term, stable and rewarding career via our placement schemes.
There’s no such thing as an average day at ExxonMobil and there are many different career paths available; from a technical career to a leadership position to a commercial role. If you are looking for a career that will be challenging, fulfilling, varied and where you can make a difference then a career with ExxonMobil might just be for you.
What are ExxonMobil looking for? For the technical schemes, applications are welcomed from Chemical and Mechanical Engineers with a minimum 2:1. For the commercial schemes, applications from a number of disciplines including Science, Engineering, English, Geography, History, IT or Business degrees with a 2:1 minimum are accepted.
ExxonMobil is looking to recruit managers of the future. To achieve this, we look not only for strong academic background but also strong analytical skills, the ability to work in a team, the drive and desire to achieve, and a high level of personal ethics.
For Graduates, in addition to the competitive base salary and relocation allowance, employees are also offered a matched 2-for-1 share scheme, final salary pension plan, private health care scheme, 33 days holiday per annum (including public holidays), interest-free loan, tailored graduate training and continuous development, support towards studying for professional qualifications such as CIMA and IChemE, free sports facilities and subsidised dining facilities at most locations, voluntary community activities, international opportunities and regular job rotations (typically every one to three years) with opportunities to develop and hone skills.
- The Esso, Mobil and ExxonMobil companies that operate in the UK are wholly owned subsidiaries of Exxon Mobil Corp.
- ExxonMobil’s roots date back to 1888 in the U.K. and to 1898 in Ireland.
- More than £254 million invested in the UK in 2015 (Upstream: £191.6 million, Downstream: £43.8 million, Chemicals: £19.0 million)
- We operate the UK’s largest refinery at Fawley near Southampton, providing around 20 percent of the UK’s refining capacity. The refinery processes over 270,000 barrels of crude oil per day.
- One of the largest investors in the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry, having invested approximately £32.6 billion in today’s prices since first exploration in 1964.
- Operate the largest privately owned underground oil pipeline distribution network in the UK – around 700 kilometers of pipeline.
- The Fawley chemical plant is highly integrated with the refinery and uses products from it to manufacture ~800,000 tons of petrochemicals annually.
- The Fawley Chemical Plant products include methyl ethyl ketone (used in paint and glue), higher olefins (used in the manufacture of plasticizers and performance fuels), additives (used to enhance the qualities of fuels and lubricants) and energy chemicals (used in the production and refining of oil).
- ExxonMobil is among the top corporate supporters of the UK voluntary sector and in 2014 invested more than £1.4 million in supporting community projects and initiatives around its major employment locations.
- Employees and contractors regularly receive external recognition for excellence in safety from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). In 2014, Esso Petroleum Co. Ltd. was awarded the Order of Distinction at the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards in recognition of its 26 consecutive gold awards.
- ExxonMobil in the UK paid £6.8 billion in direct and indirect taxes and duties in 2014-2015, which amounts to about 1.1 percent of total UK government revenue.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!