Chemical Engineer Graduate - start date: September 2018
Job Role Summary
As a Refining or Chemicals Graduate:
As a graduate engineer, you will be involved in decision-making from the start. You could find yourself working on a major capital project to increase capacity or reliability or be responsible for implementing new initiatives to improve site safety. Alternatively, you could be providing daily technical support as part of a team on a unit ensuring on-grade production that meets market demand. Other opportunities exist to gain an array of experiences in your first few years with the company, from project development and commissioning, plant troubleshooting and optimisation, to operations planning or advanced control.
Your responsibilities will vary slightly based on assignment and include:
- Working with operating units to improve efficiencies and to analyse deviations from desired operations
- Acquire a good working knowledge of assigned unit(s)
- Solve operating problems
- Monitor daily operations, participate with coordination
- Serve as the Unit(s) technical consultant
- Recommend operating changes and develop operating guides to improve overall economics
- Work with the internal customer's operations, technical and planning organisation
- Identify project scope
- Responsible for the development of process design specifications for small/mid-sized capital projects or member of a design team on major projects
- Provide process design-related technical support services to operating and technical organisations
- Use of computer programs for both process simulation and equipment design
- Provide process control support during project development, design reviews, approval, installation, and startup
- Participate in specifying hardware and instrumentation needs for advanced process control application systems
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!