Gas and Power Marketing Graduate 2018
Job Role Summary
We are currently recruiting for a graduate to join our Gas and Power Marketing Team at our UK Head Office, based in Leatherhead, Surrey. The role will commence in late August 2018.
Joining ExxonMobil as a Gas and Power Marketing Graduate opens the door to a career of opportunity, with the world's largest publically traded oil and gas company. Starting your career at our Leatherhead office, you will have a real job from day 1 and will take on increasing levels of responsibility, supported and enabled by our excellent training opportunities, mentoring programme and your colleagues.
We offer graduates an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes our free onsite gym. You will be one of a wider cohort of graduates across a number of our UK sites and this network helps to make commencing your career and working for ExxonMobil enjoyable.
Scope of business
ExxonMobil is the world's largest non-government producer and marketer of equity gas. Total sales volumes amount to over 120 billion cubic metres per year. With operations on five continents and in more than 35 countries, we participate in every major gas market in the world. We have a significant interest in power generation, and manage all ExxonMobil's gas and power needs. We also manage ExxonMobil's worldwide Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) business.
Gas & Power Marketing's European base is in Leatherhead, Surrey, with other offices in Scotland, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Hungary, Italy, Romania and Russia. We account for about 40% of ExxonMobil's worldwide gas sales.
European gas markets are evolving rapidly with increasing competition, the development of new sales hubs, and increasing imports of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). In 2009 ExxonMobil commenced the import of LNG from Qatar to the UK via the newly commissioned South Hook LNG terminal, which is capable of supplying over 55 million cubic metres of gas per day - approximately 30% of UK demand. The Adriatic LNG terminal, situated offshore Italy, also commenced operation in 2009. Projects such as these, along with other new business development opportunities clearly demonstrate ExxonMobil's key role in the European gas market.
Global careers in a growing market
- The growing worldwide gas market is providing ever-widening career opportunities.
- ExxonMobil sells its gas and power primarily to other energy companies, distribution companies and large industrial consumers. Contracts represent high monetary values and can be the subject of lengthy and detailed negotiations with highly professional counterparties.
- Bringing gas, power or NGL's from source to customer involves the usage and management of complex and high value assets such as generation plants, processing plants, transmission networks, underground storage facilities, LNG ships and terminals. Keeping the commercial negotiations in line with the highly technical nature of developing new projects requires close co-operation with the other Upstream organisations. We oversee all aspects of the value chain, and are therefore in a good position to maximise overall value for the corporation by co-ordinating all functions involved.
Job Role Responsibilities
Our aim is to equip you with the business knowledge and professional skills required to enable you to take on new roles in the future with increased responsibility and ensure you reach your full potential.
Below are some examples of the job role responsibilities you could be involved in:
- Provide insightful, objective, complete and accurate commercial analysis of the European Gas & Power Market Business and associated projects
- Working within one or more business teams, provide accurate and timely advice on economic and analytical matters
- While complying with relevant legal and contractual rules and restrictions, share and leverage knowledge with other Business Analysis teams worldwide
ExxonMobil is committed to the continuous development of its employees, so what can you expect?
- Graduates join our two year training programme, which will give you the foundations for a successful career with the Company.
- Personal effectiveness and leadership skills training is delivered over six face-to-face courses and via our e-learning system learning resources, such as Harvard’s ManageMentor. The programme covers topics such leadership, presentation skills, individual effectiveness, cultural awareness, to name a few.
- Technical training is specific to your business line and the requirements of your role.
- In addition, throughout your career the Company recognises training as a method to accomplish employee development. ExxonMobil offers numerous learning opportunities including classroom and computer based training; on the job learning and performance feedback; coaching; skill reinforcement; and self-studies.
You will also be offered the opportunity to join our Mentoring Programme, which will pair you with an experienced employee. The programme supports new employees in becoming familiar with the Company norms, values and culture to enable them to reach their potential and, as your career develops, the mentor programme will evolve to meet your continuing development needs.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
Be expecting a 2:1 Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and be graduating in 2018 or have already have graduated in the last 2 years
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness skills, including excellent analytical and interpersonal effectiveness skills. Candidates will be expected to have the ability to analyse situations / data to form positions on which they will advise colleagues and influence decisions.
Application Process Information
Applications are currently open. Candidates who meet the role requirements will be invited to complete an online assessment and, if passed, a competency based Skype interview. Successful candidates will then be invited to a face to face interview at Fawley Refinery which will be followed by an assessment centre for candidates successful at the face to face interview stage.
Closing date for applications is 16th March 2018.
Further information on ExxonMobil careers in the UK can be found in our Recruitment Brochure
Salary: £38,500 (Bachelors) or £39,500 (Masters) per annum + one off resettlement allowance £4,250
Additional benefits include: Excellent pension plan, share plan, private medical insurance, 25 days holiday per annum + public holidays.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!