Engineering Specialist Industrial Placement
At ExxonMobil we’re using technology and innovation to meet the world’s growing energy needs. We’re recruiting now for our 2019 UK Industrial Placement Programme and we are seeking exceptional people who we can empower to think independently, take initiative and be innovative.
What’s in it for you?
We’re one of the world’s biggest companies and we reward our employees accordingly. We offer a competitive starting salary and an excellent benefits package. There are also free gyms at most of our UK sites.
But more than that, ExxonMobil is a great place to start and build a career, it isn’t just another placement programme. Our placements offer real work experience and, if you are successful, the potential for you to receive an offer to join our Graduate Programme.
While on placement with ExxonMobil you will have support and guidance from managers, supervisors and more recent graduates to enable you to use your degree knowledge and fulfil your potential, gaining confidence and experience as an individual, and learning new skills in a real operational environment.
What would you be doing?
You would work in the electrical engineering and process control disciplines within our Fawley Area Engineering Services Department, which comprises approximately 100 multidisciplinary engineers and technicians, and provides technical support across the Fawley refining and petrochemical facility.
You will be working with other Engineering Specialists on the instruments, analysers and control systems on our plant, applying your knowledge to support the safe and optimal running of the operating units. This could be working on ensuring that electrical supply meets demand, identifying equipment reliability improvements or analyising situations to advise on electrical and process control safety, infrastructure and / or technology opportunities.
Whatever your specific responsibilities, you’ll have real responsibility from day one and we’ll provide a supportive learning environment. For further details on ExxonMobil Careers refer to our Careers Brochure.
What are we looking for?
- To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be in the penultimate year of your degree course in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be expecting a 2:1 Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent)
- Be studying a degree course that majors in electrical engineering, process control and / or control systems
- Be seeking to gain work experience on a paid Industrial Placement commencing in July 2019
- Have a minimum of three A levels (or equivalent) of at least B grade
- Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
How do you apply and what’s the process?
Interested? Follow the link and click 'Apply Now' to submit your application to our Recruitment Team today. Applications are open until 18 November 2018.