Consulting Intern – Summer 2017
Our Sales and Consulting summer internship programme has been devised to offer students an insight into our business, to give experience of working in a customer-centric corporate environment and to give an understanding of how investment professionals utilise financial data.
After a dedicated class room based training period that will give you an insight into our product and how our clients use it, you will be assigned to our teams supporting our Investment Management and Investment Banking clients in the use of FactSet’s product suite.
Interns typically will be undertaking the following tasks -
Working on real client queries that will include:
- Creation of large and complex Excel comparables models and PowerPoint pitchbooks
- Personalizing the setup of users’ FactSet workstations
- Helping clients convert from competitor products onto FactSet
- Communicating new features to clients e.g. by creating tipsheets, custom emails etc.
- Researching and investigating questions e.g. how something is calculated, the best way to achieve a particular result etc.
- Supporting Consultants in delivering training sessions to clients
- Resolving email queries sent to our helpdesk from clients.
Alongside this Interns will be given a specific project to undertake that will give them the opportunity to display their skills and to build their knowledge, during the internship you will gain –
- Experience of working within a large, global, commercial, professional services environment.
- A good understanding of either buy-side or sell-side investment firms.
- An excellent knowledge of the FactSet platform.
- Improved financial modelling skills
- Confidence in presenting in a corporate environment
During this 10 week internship, based in our London office you will have the opportunity to network with senior leaders as well as learn from subject matter experts. You will receive regular feedback and will have a dedicated mentor.
Interns must have a genuine interest in the Finance sector as well as a keen interest in working with technology and software. In addition we require -
- High level of attention to detail
- The ability to build relationships at all levels
- Desire to learn and continually develop
- Strong numerical, analytical & problem solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A strong knowledge of PC applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- A commercial attitude
- Record of high achievement during degree course
- At least ABB at A level (or equivalent)
- Be a penultimate year undergraduate student in either Economics, Maths or Finance at a UK University
The internship gives an excellent insight into the work our Sales and Consulting teams and is a great stepping stone to a career with FactSet.
FactSet is a leading provider of financial data and analytic applications. Our products are used by analysts, portfolio managers, researchers and investment bankers at the financial institutions throughout the world.
We offer opportunities for professional development, career advancement in a structured environment that offers staff the chance to express themselves.
In FY2015, annual subscription revenues for FactSet grew to $1.1 billion, our 37th year of consecutive revenue growth
FactSet has been listed as one of the "UK's Best Workplaces" for the last 8 years, we were also named by The Job Crowd as one of the "Top 10 Companies For Graduates To Work For in Banking & Finance". In addition FactSet is a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!