Nordic Associate Consultant (2019 start)
FactSet’s world-class service is built on our employees’ ability to engage our clients through proactive consultation on the financial industry and FactSet’s sophisticated software and product offerings. The Client Solutions Development Programme provides new employees with the foundational knowledge they need to successfully build careers within FactSet. Through this programme, employees quickly gain exposure to FactSet’s solutions, clients, industry and various teams within our client-facing organisation.
Associate Consultants begin their careers with comprehensive in-person training, followed by working with clients first over the phone and then through a series of career rotations to best match each individual’s passions and strengths with their career destination. Throughout the programme, Associate Consultants will develop a wide array of skills and provide value to our clients by:
- Developing a deep knowledge base across our business, products, and clients
- Communicating with impact in person and over the phone while mastering presentation and public speaking skills both internally and externally
- Asking effective questions in various situations to gather information, uncover needs, and create solutions to foster truly collaborative and consultative partnerships
- Defining key industry terms and concepts important to FactSet’s clients to be seen as an industry expert
- Using advanced product knowledge and understanding of FactSet’s product suite to identify and implement solutions specific to client and user workflows including Excel modelling, company research, and portfolio analysis
A rapidly growing company like FactSet is committed to attracting the best and the brightest talent to propel its expansion. Client Solutions Development Programme, while challenging and rewarding, can lay the foundation for a long-term career at FactSet.
The ideal Nordic Associate Consultant possesses the following qualifications:
- Background or strong interest in a Finance or FinTech industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience or desire to be client facing
- Desire to grow and learn in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work on teams
- A strong knowledge of PC applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- A commercial attitude
- A 2.2 degree or above
- At least 280 UCAS points
- Fluency in English plus one Scandinavian Language (Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian or Icelandic)
- Willingness to travel to your assigned clients in Scandinavia (approx. 1 week in 3)
Particularly advantageous although not essential:
- Previous experience working in the finance industry
- Academic or commercial experience working with large datasets
- Previous experience with numerical programming languages or statistical Software packages
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- While we consider candidates from any major, we encourage applicants with backgrounds in finance, economics, mathematics, physics and chemistry.
- If you seek a challenging opportunity with a long-term career potential at a growing company with unique corporate culture, please apply now.
FactSet is a leading provider of financial data and analytic applications. Our products are used by analysts, portfolio managers, researchers and investment bankers at the financial institutions throughout the world. We offer opportunities for professional development, career advancement in a structured environment that offers staff the chance to express themselves.
Since we were listed on the NYSE in 1996 our revenues have grown every year. Fiscal 2015 was our 35th consecutive year of revenue growth and our 19th consecutive year of positive earnings growth as a public company.
For this role we will offer a competitive salary starting at £32,500 with a clear development path and a range of excellent benefits, which includes up to 30 days holiday, stock purchase scheme, medical benefits, lifestyle benefits (including a free cinema ticket every week, gym membership discount, a free health assessment and a range of beauty treatments), an attractive pension plan and the opportunity to study professional qualifications.
- Start Date - 2019
- Indicative closing date - 31st October 2018
Please be advised that applications are processed on a rolling basis and positions are filled on a 'first come first serve' basis. Once the intake has been filled we will take the advert down so get your applications in as soon as possible.
If you seek a challenging opportunity with a long-term career potential at a growing company with unique corporate culture, please apply now.