Strategic Asset Management Graduate Scheme 2019 - Faithful+Gould
Faithful+Gould is a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, we advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
With over 70 years’ experience in the UK our team of 1,100 experts across our 24 offices has helped transform the region into the live, work and play destination it is today through our portfolio of projects across the property, transport and infrastructure sectors. In 2017 SNC Lavalin, a global fully integrated professional services and project management company, acquired Faithful+Gould, creating an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. Together our expert consultancy covers the full lifecycle of projects and our world-class expertise at scale delivers value to our clients. The depth and breadth of our capabilities sets us apart from the competition.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. Our graduates are the next generation of that workforce – you’re our future experts.
We strive to build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our core suite of digital platforms and tools underpin our service delivery model and through innovation, standardisation and automation, we maximise efficiencies for our clients to save time and money. Our cutting-edge independent advice and support enables our clients to turn bold ideas into reality and deliver their most important projects and programmes. You can help us lead the way as a graduate building surveyor, quantity surveyor, project manager or asset management consultant!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join us as a Graduate Consultant and will help provide expert advice to our clients on a range of complex projects. Our Consultants work across both public and private sectors, including universities, pharmaceutical, government and new and refurbishment development projects. You will learn to work with clients and learn to be confident, a good communicator, problem solving and well-rounded and broad-based consultant. You will be given the opportunity to grow, with a wide variety of projects to work on with an experienced, high performing team, to learn from.
Who we’re looking for
- You will be a talented Graduate with a 2:2 degree to work in a growing team of consultants. We’ll sponsor your training plan over the course of your three-year programme.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve professional status (RICS). With a passion for working in a fully inclusive consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with clients and with teams who deliver to their customers. You’ll be adaptable and a confident decision maker with excellent communication and team-working skills. You will also have the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
Where you’ll be based
Training and development
- Our training will help you solve real-life problems from day one and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
- Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. What defines Faithful+Gould is the unrivalled amount of support by your assigned supervisor and buddy during APC workshops, monthly Q&A, training and mocks
- Professional development which will be discussed throughout GDP, encouraging you to obtain your APC by offering you a wide variety of work and projects in order to gain experiencer required to achieve this. We also offer core learning modules to develop your softer skills such as technical writing and presentation skills to enable to you complete your day to day role.
- APC coaching and industry exposure with a high-level clients and variety of projects.
- This year we have had exceptional UK APC results exceeding the national average by 15% with a combined pass rate of 80% which shows our dedication and commitment to training and L&D.
Rewards & Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most prestigious, innovative and demanding construction challenges around the globe, helping us to turn bold ideas into reality. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced surveyors and project managers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins, with a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete.
- Pay review every 6 months for the first 2 years on the graduate development programme.
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a strong graduate network across all locations.
- Association with RICS, on the RICS Project Management Board and RICS Facilities Management Board.
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training.
- Management Development Programme which follows for people who have passed the APC and are looking to move their careers forward.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year.
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you.
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities.
How to apply
Find the right role for you by using the Atkins Graduate Role Finder; Click Apply to start your journey, or for more details around what application process involves and some useful hints and tips.
Initial closing date
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Due to the popularity of some of our programmes we may shut before this deadline, therefore to avoid disappointment we would advise applying as early as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.