Technology Placement Programme
Be the catalyst
Fidelity International invests money on behalf of institutions and private individuals.
Because we’re privately owned, we’re fully focused on the long-term interests of our clients – with both the commitment and the resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help them achieve their financial goals.
About the programme
- Spend your placement as part of a leading global investment management business
- Work with developers, engineers and architects to create new products and processes
- Conduct business analysis across the financial technology environment
- Provide critical support in areas from business-critical support and develop custom-built software applications
- Build technical and business knowledge through training and practical experience
Disrupt, instigate, collaborate
As a Technology intern or placement student, you’ll work at the heart of Fidelity, collaborating with the teams and leaders who keep our global, industry-leading business moving. Focusing on change management, your role will cover diverse topics ranging from data security to application development, software design to data manipulation. Regardless of where your journey takes you, you’ll gain critical technical and business expertise, and establish a core set of skills that will benefit you, both in your current studies and your future career.
What we’re looking for
You don’t need to have studied a particular subject to join our placement programme, although we’ll expect you to be on track for a 2.1 or equivalent with high grades at A-level, and to be in your penultimate year of study. We can give you the knowledge and skills you need – but having the right personal qualities is crucial. These include:
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- The ability to establish enduring relationships
- The imagination and ambition to challenge and change the way things work
- A genuine interest in how Technology works and the critical role this plays in the financial services industry.
Technology Powered. Solutions Driven.
We’re using technology to build a better future for our clients, our business and our people. To find out more about what we do – and where you fit in – visit fidelityrecruitment.com/earlycareers
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!