Financial Conduct Authority
The FCA: create a fairer financial world
At the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) we make a difference: we make sure the financial world works well, so that consumers are treated fairly.
Our dedicated teams have been regulating the biggest financial market in Europe (and the second largest in the world) since 2013. We supervise businesses of all sizes and ensure they are following conduct properly and to the highest standard.
What we do
Our objective is to improve the way financial markets work. This means we:
- Protect consumers
- Enhance the integrity of the UK financial system
- Promote competition that serves consumers’ interests.
The work we do benefits millions of individuals, businesses, the economy and the public as a whole.
How we do it
Today, we regulate over 56,000 firms, keeping the economy stable and sustainable. It’s a big responsibility, which is why Parliament has given us tools that make a real difference.
The work we do involves confronting poor conduct, bringing innovative businesses to market, taking supervisory action and intervening market-wide to promote competition.
How you can make an impact
We have a range of roles here at the FCA – and potentially one to suit you, depending on your skills and interests. One thing is certain, you’ll be helping us work towards the same vision: to make sure financial firms follow the rules and treat consumers fairly.
You can help us achieve this vision by:
- Enhancing trust by setting clear rules and standards
- Supervising, monitoring and investigating firms and individuals
- Preventing firms who do not apply the proper controls from entering the market
- Directly protecting consumers by evaluating and restricting particular products
- Changing the dynamics of markets to improve competition.
Why join us?
If you want to make a positive difference in the world, a career at the FCA could be perfect for you. Working with us, you’ll discover what it takes to build a fairer financial landscape. We work hard and help each other along the way, offering excellent training opportunities and support. Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. View our roles and apply today!