Graduate Software Engineer
You will work in the Harrogate Office as part of our R&D Organisation which consists of a number of key areas. We have Software Development teams who build new features and fix issues; a Development Operations team who manage all of the infrastructure that supports our development processes and also teams that specialise in Research, Architecture and Quality.
The role will involve working in one or more of these teams ultimately becoming a productive and respected contributor to our R&D goals and objectives.
You will be exposed to advanced software development processes defined by Lean and Agile methodologies. These involve strong emphasis on quality and continuous test automation and delivery.
Activities carried out are diverse and can include Software Development, Test Automation, Technical Design, Code Reviews, Estimating, Planning, in fact all the tasks required associated with the production of high quality Software Features.
You will get the right tools to do the job, for example, a MacBook pro comes with the role. The environment is hard working but also relaxed with a Monday to Friday casual dress code, free fruit and snacks daily, breakout areas and rest spots include Xbox and table tennis fun.
Other benefits enjoyed by FinancialForce employees in the UK include:
- Discounted gym membership
- Free lunchtime gym classes
- Free car parking
- Free drinks - tea/coffee
- Access to a free vending machine - should a sugar or salt hit be required !
We are looking for undergraduates in Computer Science, although other scientific subjects will be considered. It is important that you have a passion for producing the highest quality software that ultimately makes customers successful. You will enjoy team work. You will have had some experience writing software code in an object oriented language such as Java or C#.
The job is office based. From time to time, travel to other offices may be required dependent upon project requirements.
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following dependent upon the teams you are assigned to:
- Developing software code to produce new system features
- Fixing software issues reported by customers or detected internally
- Designing, automating and executing unit tests for new system features or fixes
- Designing, automating and executing system tests for new system features or fixes
- Using the SCRUM methodology, which underpins the Development process
- Using a framework of published standards and practices within the company
- Collaborating with colleagues in Design, Architecture and Product Management
- Working with the Development team to collaboratively create iteration plans
- Working with the Development team to collaboratively create task estimates
- Contributing to our technical tools and supporting development infrastructure
- Researching new technologies to understand their potential for FinancialForce
- Influencing process improvements
Essential Skills/ Qualifications
- Analysing and solving problems
- Understanding of software applications design and structure
- Some experience in OO programming
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to clearly communicate about ideas & designs both verbally and in writing
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Scientific based subject
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!