Actuarial Consultant (Associate Development Program)
We are currently recruiting for Actuarial Consultants to join FIS’ Prophet business, on our full-time Associate Development Program from July 2019. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful consulting career with a leading fin-tech company!
About FIS Prophet
Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. Over 10,000 users, across over 1,000 customer sites, in more than 70 countries, rely on Prophet to model their firm’s financial business.
The Prophet department contains four core actuarial teams and this position sits within the professional services team. This team works with FIS’ customers around the world, implementing solutions to get the best out of Prophet.
The actuarial consultant role:
You will join a global professional services team which is responsible for delivering client-facing training and consultancy services during the implementation of Prophet
Full training on Prophet will be provided and you will gain experience in using and developing Prophet models. You will be involved in all the following aspects of the role, with the proportion of time spent on each dependent upon the nature of projects and the mix of people in the project team:
- Assist in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with Prophet libraries
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimisation reports based on customer models
- Design, structure and develop code during customer projects as required
- Provide Prophet user training to customers
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite customer assistance may be required for short periods
- The role offers the opportunity for travel within the UK and Europe. On average, our experienced consultants travel approximately 60% of every ‘typical’ week.
Who are we looking for:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a numerate/scientific/analytical discipline e.g. actuarial science, maths, physics, economics
- You demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are highly-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and have a strong ability to work well independently and within a team
- You demonstrate adaptability and a drive to learn
- You are interested in software development and information technology advances
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A fun, collaborative and supportive team environment
- Structured on-boarding program and a virtual learning curriculum
- Quarterly progression and development review during first two years on the program
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the insurance industry
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Study support towards qualification as an actuary
- The opportunity to travel within the UK and wider Europe, as you gain consulting experience
Training, development and career progression:
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning with a robust schedule of online, classroom and on-the-job training.
You will attend the FIS ADP Learning week, designed to introduce you to the unique nature of our industry, our products, and the markets in which we work.
You will continue your learning journey with the Prophet business and will receive product and technical training, specific to your role. As you build experience in your role, you will become a member of the UK actuarial profession and will be supported towards qualification as an actuary. Support may include but is not limited to study support, attendance at tutorials and entry to examinations.
Additionally, during the 2-year program, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
As you develop knowledge of our operations and processes, you will become a specialist in your area and will have access to multiple career opportunities within an ever-growing international organisation.