Actuarial Systems Analyst (Associate Development Program)
We are currently recruiting for Actuarial Systems Analysts to join FIS’ Prophet business, on our full-time Associate Development Program from July 2019. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
Prophet is a leading enterprise-wide actuarial modelling system that helps insurance and financial services companies meet reporting responsibilities, improve risk management, and develop more profitable products faster. Over 10,000 users, across over 1,000 customer sites, in more than 70 countries, rely on Prophet to model their firm’s financial business.
The Prophet department contains four core actuarial teams and this position sits within the actuarial governance team, which ensures that our products deliver to actuarial standards and scale to meet insurers’ needs.
The actuarial analyst role:
In this role, you will build an understanding of insurance products and regulatory developments affecting the insurance industry worldwide and help develop corresponding modelling solutions.
Full training on Prophet will be provided and you will gain experience in using and developing Prophet models. Responsibilities in the role will include:
- Specify, build and test Prophet models based on the latest Prophet features
- Oversee the execution of actuarial library testing, adding new tests and extending the scope of test automation
- Problem solve and provide solutions to technical challenges with the aim of becoming a subject matter expert
- Support helpdesk teams with escalated client queries
- Design and configure models to stress test the Prophet system
- Communicate new Prophet functionality to colleagues and customers
Who are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a numerate/scientific/analytical discipline e.g. actuarial science, maths, physics, economics
- You are highly-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You demonstrate adaptability and a drive to learn
- You possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You are interested in software development and information technology advances
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A fun, collaborative and supportive team environment
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Virtual learning curriculum
- Quarterly progression and development review during first two years on the program
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the insurance industry
- Study support towards qualification as an actuary
Training, development and career progression:
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning with a robust schedule of online, classroom and on-the-job training.
You will attend the FIS ADP Learning week, designed to introduce you to the unique nature of our industry, our products, and the markets in which we work.
You will continue your learning journey with the Prophet business and will receive product and technical training, specific to your role. As you build experience in your role, you will become a member of the UK actuarial profession and will be supported towards qualification as an actuary. Support may include but is not limited to study support, attendance at tutorials and entry to examinations.
Additionally, during the 2-year program, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
As you develop knowledge of our operations and processes, you will become a specialist in your area and will have access to multiple career opportunities within an ever-growing international organisation.