Software Developer (Associate Development Program)
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a software developer on our Associate Development Program, based in Canary Wharf. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career in software development with a leading financial technology company!
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing solutions for our clients using the Apex Security Finance product. The role involves developing and debugging in C++ (with some Java and Python) along with using databases.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and presentable, with the ability to work in an agile team structure to implement solutions that meet our clients’ requirements.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) degree from a technical discipline e.g. computer science, mathematics
- You have programming experience in C++, Java or Python
- You are self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You are a team-player with the ability to meet deadlines
- You aspire to develop a successful career in software development within FinTech!
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development review during first two years on the program
- An opportunity to grow your technical skillset and build your knowledge of finance
- Great work space with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- Virtual learning curriculum
ADP Training & Development:
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning with a robust schedule of online, classroom and on-the-job training.
You will attend the FIS ADP Learning week, designed introduce you to the unique nature of our industry, our products, and the markets in which we work.
As you start your new role, you will learn more about the Apex business and gain exposure to the support teams to establish an understanding of our clients’ needs and the pressures that they face, whilst benefitting from the product and domain experience that the support department can share.
Additionally, during the 2-year program, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
As you develop knowledge of our business and experience with our solutions, you will become a specialist in your area and will have access to multiple career opportunities within an ever-growing international organisation.
Apex is a complete suite of software for all aspects of securities finance and related businesses. Apex helps FIS clients maintain agile growth and run smarter operations by providing reliable, trusted and proven solutions to manage and automate their entire securities finance business.
Our Apex solutions assist a broad range of participants address their stock borrowing and lending, repo, synthetic finance, collateral management and prime finance requirements - all from a financial technology approach, utilising our existing and ever-evolving technology stack to create an advantage for our clients.