Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Why choose Freshfields?
Do you want to tackle the most interesting legal work around? Can you think strategically and understand businesses’ commercial needs? If so, we could be the right choice for you.
As an international law firm with 28 offices worldwide we support our clients wherever they do business. With Freshfields, you’ll help the world’s biggest businesses achieve their goals, from advising on mergers and acquisitions to resolving their disputes and commercial challenges. If you’re keen to find solutions that work in the real world – not just the ones that reflect what’s right or wrong in law – we want to hear from you.
Who are we looking for?
- We’re looking for up to 80 people to start training with us in London in 2021, split between two intakes in February and August. Trainees are vital: they are tomorrow’s associates and partners.
- Your background doesn’t matter: we don’t care which university you went to or what degree you studied. What matters is your intellectual talent, excellent written and spoken English, and that you work well with others.
- As a trainee, you’ll likely be working in a team – usually with an associate and a partner. Together you’ll have to work out how we can help clients achieve their goals. Is what they want even possible? What’s the best way to structure the deal or tackle the problem? What are the risks?
- You and your team need to come up with pragmatic solutions that make commercial sense. We’ll teach you how.
- Work at Freshfields is nearly always complicated so to do well you need to enjoy a challenge.
- Flexibility is central to our training contract. Train with us and you’ll try up to eight areas of law, twice as many as most law firms. You’re probably not yet certain which field of law is right for you. We’ll help you find it.
- Our lawyers focus on at least one industry sector and work in one of seven practice groups: antitrust, competition and trade; corporate; dispute resolution; people and reward; finance; real estate; and tax.
- The corporate, dispute resolution and finance practices are the core of our firm so we’ll expect you to spend at least three months in each of these groups.
- A big firm like Freshfields brings big advantages when it comes to training. As well as continuous development throughout your training contract and beyond, there are regular seminars and team training sessions. You could also spend time on secondment to one of our clients, or to one of our offices in the US, Asia or Europe.
- You’ll find a full range of benefits in our central London office, including an on-site gym and private medical and dental care.
- Freshfields is proud to be a responsible business so you will also have the chance to get involved in our thriving pro bono programme, volunteering opportunities and the many sports and social networks that connect people across our firm.
- Training contract: 1 October 2018 – 3 January 2019 law and non-law; 3 June - 18 July 2019 law
- Vacation Scheme: 1 October 2018 – 3 January 2019