Tax Advisory Associate
About our Tax Advisory Practice:
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
We are looking for highly analytical recent graduates to work across the Tax Advisory practice based in London to provide support to the team across a variety of corporate tax advisory projects including restructuring, reorganisation and M&A transactions. The roles will involve preparing tax computations, clerical assistance to the team and advising and providing ongoing compliance services to clients.
Typical projects for the team include transaction structuring (both domestic and cross-border), group reorganisation, contingency planning (development of the ‘Plan B’), distressed debt advisory, and ultimate group rationalisation on wind-down.
In return, we offer a range of training and development opportunities from an induction programme introducing the key technical aspects of the job to in house and external training and sponsorship for professional qualifications such as the CTA (Chartered Tax Advisor).
- Understand the firm’s proposal and engagement process
- Use the firm’s ‘Solution’ process where applicable
- Compile project back-up files
- File all correspondence and data in project back-up file
- Take notes at project and client meetings and write up
- Assist in building surveys
- Conduct data analysis
- Draft reports
- Draft letters
- Complete computation checks
- Pass all work undertaken to the appropriate person for review
- Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent, ideally in a finance or numerical related subject
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
- An analytical and methodical approach
- Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
- Take active interest in the Corporate Tax market place and be familiar with recent industry developments and news worthy events
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- The drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential
- Previous experience working within a tax consultancy firm preferred
- Relevant taxation experience in ex revenue, tax computations, corporate tax management or transaction taxes desirable, but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.