The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s largest, most dynamic, and most highly regarded communications consultancies. During a varied graduate scheme at a leading firm, FTI Consulting offers the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience across corporate, financial and digital communications. By rotating through different sector teams, Consultants on our graduate scheme have the chance to gain exposure to an incredibly diverse roster of clients, from fast-growing start-ups to FTSE 100 industry leaders.
With more than 25 years’ of experience advising management teams through their communications needs, our teams of Consultants work closely with the businesses they advise by developing strategies to enhance, develop and defend their reputation and market share through the way they communicate with stakeholders and the public. Proactively positioning clients and building their public stories is key to our day-to-day work, and being on-hand with tested solutions and advice for crisis points is where our expertise adds value to the businesses we work with.
We have over 700 strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets and 14 countries around the world, with plans to grow further. We combine global reach with critical local knowledge. Our Consultants work with teams and their clients in London, with many projects offering the opportunity to gain exposure to businesses across the globe.
The Strategic Communications graduate scheme is a ten month scheme, and comprises of three rotations through three teams. We aim for all Consultants on our graduate scheme to be given exposure to both financial communications and corporate communications, with an opportunities to also rotate through our digital and public affairs practices. Right from the outset you will be able to engage and influence others, and think creatively on the spot.
We have industry specific teams across a wide variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail, consumer, digital, energy, real estate, professional services, technology media telecoms (TMT), life sciences and public affairs. Rotations in the different specialist teams will be chosen on the basis of your own interests and the needs of the teams.
Types of work you will be involved in:
- Research tasks for existing clients/pitch proposals
- Summary/analytical tasks, gauging audience and communications impact
- Press release writing
- Coverage round-ups and analysis
- Calls with journalists and sell-side analysts – selling in press releases/events/company results feedback
In addition to the experience you will gain, we offer:
- A competitive salary, discretionary bonus and an extensive benefits package
- Industry specialist teams, allowing you to gain in-depth knowledge
- Excellent training and development opportunities throughout your career at FTI Consulting with a 10 month tailored curriculum for our Strategic Communications
- The opportunity to quickly progress to a Consultant following successful completion of the graduate scheme.
In addition, there will be regular learning and development opportunities working alongside leading advisers in the industry and with specialist client teams. You will also have the opportunity to take part in the mentoring programme.
To make sure that you get the most out of the scheme you will be supported throughout the scheme by your performance coach and buddies in each of your rotations in addition to your Human Resources team.
What we look for:
- A 2:1 degree (or equivalent) and the equivalent of ABB at A-Level
- Some relevant work experience
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinking
- Proactivity and initiative taking
We also want our Consultants to be enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead. Consultants who can demonstrate flexibility, and prove their ability to succinctly grasp and summarise complex issues to their peers and clients are essential to our business.
We are looking for ambitious and dynamic graduates to join our September 2017 intake.
Overview of the Application Process:
- Submit your covering letter, CV and complete the selection question answers online via the website: www.fticonsulting.co.uk/graduates
- If you have been successful we will invite you to a telephone interview within 6 weeks of receiving your application
- Successful candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Day at our offices in London. Over the course of the day you will complete group and individual assessments and interview with members of the Strategic Communications practice
- Successful candidates will be offered a role on our graduate scheme
- Those candidates will attend a two week internship at our offices in London
- The start date will be in early September 2017
The closing date for applications is midnight 28th February 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!