Forensic & Litigation Consulting – Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA)
About the Company
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,600 professionals in 28 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
About the Opportunity
The Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA) practice is a global team of experienced data experts with offices in key business hubs around the world providing intensive analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
FEDA consultants will be required to apply their knowledge in developing diverse solutions to numerous clients often in distressed situations. The areas of investigation include litigation, regulatory investigation, compliance, and accounting and fraud issues among many others.
What will you do?
As a consultant in FEDA team you are expected to perform activities such as:
- Identify, acquire, synthesise, mine and analyse diverse and voluminous client data
- Implement systems/processes to transform and consolidate disparate sets of data according to business rules
- Work both with senior elements and directly with clients and stakeholders to understand and identify their requirements
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualisation
What are we looking for?
The required qualifications for a consultant position within FEDA team are:
Graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in a subject that involves computer science, technology or data analytics
- Proficiency in RDBMS design and implementation (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other)
- Proficiency in at least one SQL language extension (T-SQL, PL/SQL or other)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL or Python
- Ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player and interact with client personnel
- Willingness to research, analyse and develop new skills
- Flexibility with respect to assigned engagements and tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities
- Awareness of accounting, finance and information system terminology
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills
- Data visualisation experience
- Forensic investigations experience
- Mathematical or statistical analysis experience
- MBA or MSc in a field involving computer science, data analytics/science, or information systems
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
Candidates must be willing and able to travel at short notice
What we can offer you
As a graduate in our globally-managed FEDA team, you will have a development plan that follows our six-year framework. Through internal and external training you will build the capabilities required to perform and communicate intensive analyses on an evolving universe of structured data. We guide you in gaining certifications and recognised achievements such as SQL, programming languages and data visualisation. We have a global network of offices, as well as global clients, which gives you the opportunity to work overseas and to help grow our practices early in your career.
We can also offer you:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities
- The chance to work with experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds and expertise
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance
FTI Consulting offers a competitive and attractive reward package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Applications are open throughout the year. For more information about FTI, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, the FEDA team and to submit your CV and covering letter, please visit our website.
Please include in your cover letter why you would like to work in Financial Enterprise Data Analytics at FTI, highlighting the reasons that you believe you are suited to the role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!